Yadira Rivera-Sanchez, M.D.
Vice Chair for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
- Medical School
- Ponce Health Sciences University (1998)
- University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine (2001), Pediatrics
- Children's Hospital Boston (2004), Pediatric Pulmonology
- Lack of a relation between serum 25(OH)D concentrations and asthma in adolescents.
- Gergen PJ, Teach SJ, Mitchell HE, Freishtat RF, Calatroni A, Matsui E, Kattan M, Bloomberg GR, Liu AH, Kercsmar C, O'Connor G, Pongracic J, Rivera-Sanchez Y, Morgan WJ, Sorkness CA, Binkley N, Busse W Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 2013 Apr
- Assessment of laryngopharyngeal sensation in children with dysphagia.
- Ulualp S, Brown A, Sanghavi R, Rivera-Sanchez Y Laryngoscope 2013 Apr
- Development and validation of the Composite Asthma Severity Index--an outcome measure for use in children and adolescents.
- Wildfire JJ, Gergen PJ, Sorkness CA, Mitchell HE, Calatroni A, Kattan M, Szefler SJ, Teach SJ, Bloomberg GR, Wood RA, Liu AH, Pongracic JA, Chmiel JF, Conroy K, Rivera-Sanchez Y, Busse WW, Morgan WJ J. Allergy Clin. Immunol. 2012 Mar 129 3 694-701
- Allergic airway responses in obese mice.
- Johnston RA, Zhu M, Rivera-Sanchez YM, Lu FL, Theman TA, Flynt L, Shore SA Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 2007 Oct 176 7 650-8
- Churg-Strauss syndrome in children: a clinical and pathologic review.
- Boyer D, Vargas SO, Slattery D, Rivera-Sanchez YM, Colin AA Pediatrics 2006 Sep 118 3 e914-20
- Differential effects of ozone on airway and tissue mechanics in obese mice.
- Rivera-Sanchez YM, Johnston RA, Schwartzman IN, Valone J, Silverman ES, Fredberg JJ, Shore SA J. Appl. Physiol. 2004 Jun 96 6 2200-6
- Responses to ozone are increased in obese mice.
- Shore SA, Rivera-Sanchez YM, Schwartzman IN, Johnston RA J. Appl. Physiol. 2003 Sep 95 3 938-45
Honors & Awards
- Best Pediatric Specialists/Doctors in Dallas
D Magazine (2010-2011) (2013) (2016-2018)
- Provider of the Month
Children's Health (2015)
- American Thoracic Society Minority Travel Award
- Departmental Award as Most Outstanding Resident
UPR Pediatric Hospital and Pediatric Society of Puerto Rico (2001)
- Women in Medicine Award
Ponce School of Medicine (1998)
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
- Dean's List
Who's Who Among American Students (1997-1998)
- American Thoracic Society, Fellow (2001)