Dr. Balgobin is the Associate Director of the Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He also serves on the 3rd-year residents Clinical Competency Committee.
A 2001 graduate of the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Dr. Balgobin completed a residency in obstetrics and gynecology at Boston Medical Center (2001-2005). In 2006, he joined the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at UT Southwestern. He left that position in 2009 to become a fellow in the OB/GYN Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery Program. In 2012, he rejoined the Department as a faculty member in the Division of Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery.
Dr. Balgobin is board certified in obstetrics and gynecology and in female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery. His clinical practice is in the Parkland Health and Hospital System where he also oversees and teaches medical students, residents, and fellows.
- Medical School
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (2001)
- Boston Medical Center (2005)
- Boston University School of Medicine (2005), Obstetrics & Gynecology
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2012), Urogynecology
- Recommended standardized anatomic terminology of the posterior female pelvis and vulva based on a structured medical literature review.
- Hill AJ, Balgobin S, Mishra K, Jeppson PC, Wheeler T, Mazloomdoost D, Anand M, Ninivaggio C, Hamner J, Bochenska K, Mama ST, Balk EM, Corton MM, Delancey J, Am J Obstet Gynecol 2021 Mar
- Standardized Terminology of Apical Structures in the Female Pelvis Based on a Structured Medical Literature Review.
- Balgobin S, Jeppson PC, Wheeler T, Jolyn Hill A, Mishra K, Mazloomdoost D, Dunivan GC, Anand M, Mama ST, Bochenska K, Lewicky-Gaupp C, Balk EM, Lancey J, Corton MM, Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 2019 Dec
- Vaginal Hysterectomy Suturing Skills Training Model and Curriculum.
- Balgobin S, Owens DM, Florian-Rodriguez ME, Wai CY, McCord EH, Hamid CA, Obstet Gynecol 2019 Sep 134 3 553-558
- Recruitment and retention: A randomized controlled trial of video-enhanced versus standard consent processes within the E-OPTIMAL study.
- Brubaker L, Jelovsek JE, Lukacz ES, Balgobin S, Ballard A, Weidner AC, Gantz MG, Whitworth R, Mazloomdoost D, Clin Trials 2019 Jul 1740774519865541
- Recommended Standardized Terminology of the Anterior Female Pelvis Based on a Structured Medical Literature Review.
- Jeppson PC, Balgobin S, Washington BB, Hill AJ, Lewicky-Gaupp C, Wheeler T, Ridgeway B, Mazloomdoost D, Balk EM, Corton MM, Delancey J Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 2018 Apr
- Comparison of Vaginal Hysterectomy Techniques and Interventions for Benign Indications: A Systematic Review.
- Jeppson PC, Balgobin S, Rahn DD, Matteson KA, Dieter AA, Ellington DR, Aschkenazi SO, Grimes C, Mamik MM, Balk EM, Murphy M Obstet Gynecol 2017 May 129 5 877-886
- In Reply.
- Balgobin S Obstet Gynecol 2017 Feb 129 2 386-387
- Effect of mesh width on apical support after sacrocolpopexy.
- Balgobin S, Fitzwater JL, McIntire DD, Delgado IJ, Wai CY Int Urogynecol J 2016 Dec
- Distance From Cervicovaginal Junction to Anterior Peritoneal Reflection Measured During Vaginal Hysterectomy.
- Balgobin S, Hamid CA, Carrick KS, Montoya TI, Schaffer JI, Corton MM Obstet Gynecol 2016 Oct 128 4 863-7
- Safety Of Manual Morcellation Following Vaginal Or Laparoscopic-Assisted Vaginal Hysterectomy.
- Balgobin S, Maldonado PA, Chin K, Schaffer JI, Hamid CA J Minim Invasive Gynecol 2016 Jan
Honors & Awards
- 2005 Resident for Special Excellence in Endoscopic Procedures
Boston Medical Center (2005)
- 1st Place Gold Medal in Otorhinolaryngology
Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, John mcAuliffe Curtin (2001)
- 1st Place Gold Medal in Surgery
Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, J. J. Fitsimons (2001)
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists - 2005 - present
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Junior Fellow - 2001 - present
- Dallas County Medical Society - 2007