Dr. Balgobin is the Associate Director of the Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He also serves on the 3rd-year residents Clinical Competency Committee.
A 2001 graduate of the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Dr. Balgobin completed a residency in obstetrics and gynecology at Boston Medical Center (2001-2005). In 2006, he joined the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at UT Southwestern. He left that position in 2009 to become a fellow in the OB/GYN Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery Program. In 2012, he rejoined the Department as a faculty member in the Division of Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery.
Dr. Balgobin is board certified in obstetrics and gynecology and in female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery. His clinical practice is in the Parkland Health and Hospital System where he also oversees and teaches medical students, residents, and fellows.
- Medical School
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (2001)
- Boston University School of Medicine (2005), Obstetrics & Gynecology
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2012), Urogynecology
- Technique of vaginal myomectomy for intracavitary submucous myomas
- Hamid MA, Balgobin S, Hami CA J Pelvic Med Surg 2006 12(6) 339-343
Honors & Awards
- 2005 Resident for Special Excellence in Endoscopic Procedures
Boston Medical Center (2005)
- 1st Place Gold Medal in Otorhinolaryngology
Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, John mcAuliffe Curtin (2001)
- 1st Place Gold Medal in Surgery
Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, J. J. Fitsimons (2001)
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists - 2005 - present
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Junior Fellow - 2001 - present
- Dallas County Medical Society - 2007