Dr. Hamid is the Associate Director of the Division of Gynecology in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
A graduate of Boston University School of Medicine, she completed her residency training in obstetrics and gynecology at Boston Medical Center in 2002. From then until 2005, she was a physician in a general obstetrics and gynecology practice in Palm Harbor, FL. In 2006, she joined the faculty in the Obstetrics and Gynecology Department at UT Southwestern.
A Diplomat of the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dr. Hamid is Medical Director of the Parkland Gynecology Clinic and an attending physician in the Parkland Health and Hospital System where she oversees and mentors medical students and residents.
- Medical School
- Boston University School of Medicine (1998)
- Boston Medical Center (2002)
- Boston Medical Center (2002), Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Vaginal Hysterectomy Suturing Skills Training Model and Curriculum.
- Balgobin S, Owens DM, Florian-Rodriguez ME, Wai CY, McCord EH, Hamid CA, Obstet Gynecol 2019 Sep 134 3 553-558
- Distance From Cervicovaginal Junction to Anterior Peritoneal Reflection Measured During Vaginal Hysterectomy.
- Balgobin S, Hamid CA, Carrick KS, Montoya TI, Schaffer JI, Corton MM Obstet Gynecol 2016 Oct 128 4 863-7
- Safety Of Manual Morcellation Following Vaginal Or Laparoscopic-Assisted Vaginal Hysterectomy.
- Balgobin S, Maldonado PA, Chin K, Schaffer JI, Hamid CA J Minim Invasive Gynecol 2016 Jan
- Transversus Abdominis Plane Block Versus Surgical Site Infiltration for Pain Management After Open Total Abdominal Hysterectomy.
- Gasanova I, Alexander J, Ogunnaike B, Hamid C, Rogers D, Minhajuddin A, Joshi GP Anesth. Analg. 2015 Aug
- Mechanical performance of surgical knots in a vaginal surgery model.
- Balgobin S, Hamid CA, Brown SA, Wai CY J Surg Educ 2013 May-Jun 70 3 340-4
- Acute intrapartum fetal hemorrhage of both twins through monochorionic placenta and a velamentous cord.
- Musinski S, Hamid C, Kasnica J, Kyei Aboagye K J Gynecol Tech 2000 6 81-84
Williams Gynecology, 4th ed.
Hoffman BL, Schorge JO, Halvorson LM, Hamid CA, Corton MM, Schaffer JI (eds). (Ed.) (2020). New York, NY, McGraw-Hill Education
Williams Gynecology, 3rd ed. Study Guide
Werner CL, Richardson DL, Chang SY, Griffith WF, Hamid CA, Rahn DD, Moschos E, Hoffman BL (2016). New York, NY, McGraw-Hill Education
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Junior Fellow - 2002/Present
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association