Dr. Jihan Osborne received her BS from St. Francis College in Brooklyn, NY (2003). She attained her PhD in the laboratory of Melanie Cobb at UT Southwestern (2013). She conducted her post-doctoral training at Boston Children's Hospital/Harvard Medical School in the laboratory of George Daley, where she uncovered a role for Lin28/Let-7 in the regulation of branching morphogenesis of the lung. Dr. Osborne was recruited back to UT Southwestern as an assistant professor (2020), where she was awarded a CPRIT first-time faculty award and is a CPRIT scholar.
The focus of her lab is two-fold:
- To investigate how and why the metastatic potential of certain solid tumors are linked to the overexpression of embryonic and lineage-specific programs that regulate cell fate during organogenesis.
- To continue examining the fascinating biology behind how RNA regulatory programs direct organogenesis of the lung, kidney, and brain.
- St Francis College (2003), Biology
- Graduate School
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2013), Philosophy
- Cancer Biology
- Cancer Stem Cells
- Developmental Biology
- Stem cell biology
- Defining the First Part of the Oncogenic KRAS Journey.
- Osborne JK, Minna JD, Cell Stem Cell 2020 Oct 27 4 499-500
- Lin28 and let-7 regulate the timing of cessation of murine nephrogenesis.
- Yermalovich AV, Osborne JK, Sousa P, Han A, Kinney MA, Chen MJ, Robinton DA, Montie H, Pearson DS, Wilson SB, Combes AN, Little MH, Daley GQ, Nat Commun 2019 01 10 1 168
- LIN28 phosphorylation by MAPK/ERK couples signalling to the post-transcriptional control of pluripotency.
- Tsanov KM, Pearson DS, Wu Z, Han A, Triboulet R, Seligson MT, Powers JT, Osborne JK, Kane S, Gygi SP, Gregory RI, Daley GQ, Nat Cell Biol 2017 Jan 19 1 60-67
- ZEB1 drives epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in lung cancer.
- Larsen JE, Nathan V, Osborne JK, Farrow RK, Deb D, Sullivan JP, Dospoy PD, Augustyn A, Hight SK, Sato M, Girard L, Behrens C, Wistuba II, Gazdar AF, Hayward NK, Minna JD, J Clin Invest 2016 09 126 9 3219-35
- ASCL1 and NEUROD1 Reveal Heterogeneity in Pulmonary Neuroendocrine Tumors and Regulate Distinct Genetic Programs.
- Borromeo MD, Savage TK, Kollipara RK, He M, Augustyn A, Osborne JK, Girard L, Minna JD, Gazdar AF, Cobb MH, Johnson JE, Cell Rep 2016 08 16 5 1259-1272
- Multiple mechanisms disrupt the let-7 microRNA family in neuroblastoma.
- Powers JT, Tsanov KM, Pearson DS, Roels F, Spina CS, Ebright R, Seligson M, de Soysa Y, Cahan P, Theißen J, Tu HC, Han A, Kurek KC, LaPier GS, Osborne JK, Ross SJ, Cesana M, Collins JJ, Berthold F, Daley GQ, Nature 2016 07 535 7611 246-51
- Ras regulates kinesin 13 family members to control cell migration pathways in transformed human bronchial epithelial cells.
- Zaganjor E, Osborne JK, Weil LM, Diaz-Martinez LA, Gonzales JX, Singel SM, Larsen JE, Girard L, Minna JD, Cobb MH, Oncogene 2014 Nov 33 47 5457-66
- NeuroD1 mediates nicotine-induced migration and invasion via regulation of the nicotinic acetylcholine receptor subunits in a subset of neural and neuroendocrine carcinomas.
- Osborne JK, Guerra ML, Gonzales JX, McMillan EA, Minna JD, Cobb MH, Mol Biol Cell 2014 Jun 25 11 1782-92
- NeuroD1 regulation of migration accompanies the differential sensitivity of neuroendocrine carcinomas to TrkB inhibition.
- Osborne JK, Larsen JE, Gonzales JX, Shames DS, Sato M, Wistuba II, Girard L, Minna JD, Cobb MH, Oncogenesis 2013 Aug 2 e63
- NeuroD1 regulates survival and migration of neuroendocrine lung carcinomas via signaling molecules TrkB and NCAM.
- Osborne JK, Larsen JE, Shields MD, Gonzales JX, Shames DS, Sato M, Kulkarni A, Wistuba II, Girard L, Minna JD, Cobb MH, Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2013 Apr 110 16 6524-9