Rebecca Vasquez, M.D.
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Rebecca Vasquez, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Dermatology at UT Southwestern Medical Center. She is an American Board of Dermatology-certified general dermatologist with an interest in all things related to the skin.
After graduating magna cum laude with a degree in biology from the University of Texas Pan American in Edinburg, Texas, Dr. Vasquez earned her medical degree from UT Southwestern. She completed her internship in internal medicine at Tulane University in New Orleans and her residency in dermatology at UT Southwestern.
She joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2015. She has also been serving as the Assistant Chief of Service of Dermatology at Parkland Health and Hospital System since 2015.
Her professional honors include the Department of Dermatology’s Outstanding Teacher Award in both 2016 and 2017.
She is a member of professional organizations that include the American Academy of Dermatology and Association of Professors of Dermatology.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2010)
- Tulane School of Medicine (2011), Internal Medicine
- Research Fellowship
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2012), Dermatology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2015), Dermatology
- Efficacy of Combination Vedolizumab and Ustekinumab for Refractory Crohn's Disease.
- Huff-Hardy K, Bedair M, Vazquez R, Burstein E Inflamm. Bowel Dis. 2017 Aug
- The role of skin trauma in the distribution of morphea lesions: a cross-sectional survey of the Morphea in Adults and Children cohort IV.
- Grabell D, Hsieh C, Andrew R, Martires K, Kim A, Vasquez R, Jacobe H J. Am. Acad. Dermatol. 2014 Sep 71 3 493-8
- Recurrence of morphea after successful ultraviolet A1 phototherapy: A cohort study.
- Vasquez R, Jabbar A, Khan F, Buethe D, Ahn C, Jacobe H J. Am. Acad. Dermatol. 2014 Mar 70 3 481-8
- Clinical features of patients with morphea and the pansclerotic subtype: a cross-sectional study from the morphea in adults and children cohort.
- Kim A, Marinkovich N, Vasquez R, Jacobe HT J. Rheumatol. 2014 Jan 41 1 106-12
- IgG, IgM, and IgA antinuclear antibodies in discoid and systemic lupus erythematosus patients.
- Jost SA, Tseng LC, Matthews LA, Vasquez R, Zhang S, Yancey KB, Chong BF ScientificWorldJournal 2014 2014 171028
- A randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled trial of oral Polypodium leucotomos extract as an adjunct to sunscreen in the treatment of melasma.
- Ahmed AM, Lopez I, Perese F, Vasquez R, Hynan LS, Chong B, Pandya AG JAMA Dermatol 2013 Aug 149 8 981-3
- A multicentre, cross-sectional study on quality of life in patients with cutaneous lupus erythematosus.
- Vasquez R, Wang D, Tran QP, Adams-Huet B, Chren MM, Costner MI, Cohen JB, Werth VP, Chong BF Br. J. Dermatol. 2013 Jan 168 1 145-53
- IgG and IgM autoantibody differences in discoid and systemic lupus patients.
- Chong BF, Tseng LC, Lee T, Vasquez R, Li QZ, Zhang S, Karp DR, Olsen NJ, Mohan C J. Invest. Dermatol. 2012 Dec 132 12 2770-9
- Morphea and other localized forms of scleroderma.
- Vasquez R, Sendejo C, Jacobe H Curr Opin Rheumatol 2012 Nov 24 6 685-93
- How residency programs can foster practice for the underserved.
- Blanco G, Vasquez R, Nezafati K, Allensworth A, Bernstein IH, Cruz PD J. Am. Acad. Dermatol. 2012 Jul 67 1 158-9