Board certified in obstetrics and gynecology, Denisse Holcomb, M.D. joined the faculty at UT Southwestern in 2016 as an Assistant Professor in the Division of General Obstetrics and Gynecology. She is a member of the team of obstetrician-gynecologists in the Comprehensive Obstetrics and Gynecology program at UT Southwestern and provides obstetrical, gynecological, and well-woman care to women of all ages. She sees patients in the OB/GYN and Maternal-Fetal Medicine practice in POB2.
After graduating from Rice University in 2005 with a degree in Mathematical Economic Analysis, Dr. Holcomb earned her medical degree at UT Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, and completed her residency training at UT Southwestern in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology in 2014.
She is a member of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, the Texas Medical Association, and the Dallas County Medical Society. In addition, she is a faculty mentor for Gotcha Covered, a mentorship program for underrepresented minority medical students at UT Southwestern.
In 2012, she earned the Medical Student Teaching Award from UT Southwestern’s Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2010)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2014), Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Effect of body mass index on maternal morbidity following peripartum hysterectomy.
- Wortman AC, Hernandez JS, Holcomb DS, Wilson KL, McIntire DD, Sheffield JS Clin Obes 2015 Apr 5 2 72-8
- Roles of mGluR5 in synaptic function and plasticity of the mouse thalamocortical pathway.
- She WC, Quairiaux C, Albright MJ, Wang YC, Sanchez DE, Chang PS, Welker E, Lu HC Eur. J. Neurosci. 2009 Apr 29 7 1379-96
Honors & Awards
- Administrative Chief Resident
UT Southwestern Obstetrics & Gynecology Department (2013)
- Medical Student Teaching Award
UT Southwestern Obstetrics & Gynecology Department (2012)
- Outstanding Intern Award
UT Southwestern Obstetrics & Gynecology Department (2011)
- Dallas County Medical Society (2014)
- Texas Medical Association (2014)
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (2010)