Denisse Holcomb, M.D.
Department Obstetrics and Gynecology
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Board certified in obstetrics and gynecology, Denisse Holcomb, M.D. joined the faculty at UT Southwestern in 2016 as an Assistant Professor in the Division of General Obstetrics and Gynecology. She is a member of the team of obstetrician-gynecologists in the Comprehensive Obstetrics and Gynecology program at UT Southwestern and provides obstetrical, gynecological, and well-woman care to women of all ages. She sees patients in the OB/GYN and Maternal-Fetal Medicine practice in POB2.
After graduating from Rice University in 2005 with a degree in Mathematical Economic Analysis, Dr. Holcomb earned her medical degree at UT Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, and completed her residency training at UT Southwestern in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology in 2014.
Prior to joining the comprehensive obstetrics and gynecology group at Clements University Hospital in 2020, she was the Medical Director of the Parkland Prenatal Clinics. In 2018, she received the Outstanding Faculty Teaching Award from the OB/GYN Residency Program.
She is a member of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, the Society of Academic Specialists in Obstetrics and Gynecology, the Texas Medical Association, and the Dallas County Medical Society.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2010)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2014), Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Education in Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Healthcare Access
- Healthcare Disparities
- Quality Improvement in Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Seeing Past the Horizon.
- Holcomb DS, Cunningham FG, Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am 2021 Dec 48 4 xiii-xiv
- Postscript: Women's Health and the Era After COVID-19.
- Holcomb DS, Rayburn WF, Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am 2021 Dec 48 4 813-821
- Accessibility to postpartum tubal ligation after a vaginal delivery: When the Medicaid policy is not a limiting factor.
- Byrne JJ, Smith EM, Saucedo AM, Doody KA, Holcomb D, Spong CY, Contraception 2021 Dec
- Improving access to perinatal mental health services: the value of on-site resources.
- Rodriguez AN, Holcomb D, Fleming E, Faucher MA, Dominguez J, Corona R, McIntire D, Nelson DB, Am J Obstet Gynecol MFM 2021 Aug 3 6 100456
- Geographic barriers to prenatal care access and their consequences.
- Holcomb DS, Pengetnze Y, Steele A, Karam A, Spong C, Nelson DB, Am J Obstet Gynecol MFM 2021 Jul 3 5 100442
- Cholestasis: A Prospective Study of Perinatal Outcomes and Time to Symptom Improvement.
- Yule CS, Holcomb DS, Kraus AC, Brown CEL, McIntire DD, Nelson DB, Am J Perinatol 2020 Sep
- Examining the Association of Obesity With Postpartum Tubal Ligation.
- Byrne JJ, Smith EM, Saucedo AM, Doody KA, Holcomb DS, Spong CY, Obstet Gynecol 2020 08 136 2 342-348
- Patient Perspectives on Audio-Only Virtual Prenatal Visits Amidst the Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) Pandemic.
- Holcomb D, Faucher MA, Bouzid J, Quint-Bouzid M, Nelson DB, Duryea E, Obstet Gynecol 2020 08 136 2 317-322
- Effect of body mass index on maternal morbidity following peripartum hysterectomy.
- Wortman AC, Hernandez JS, Holcomb DS, Wilson KL, McIntire DD, Sheffield JS Clin Obes 2015 Apr 5 2 72-8
- Roles of mGluR5 in synaptic function and plasticity of the mouse thalamocortical pathway.
- She WC, Quairiaux C, Albright MJ, Wang YC, Sanchez DE, Chang PS, Welker E, Lu HC Eur. J. Neurosci. 2009 Apr 29 7 1379-96
Honors & Awards
- Outstanding Faculty Teaching Award
UT Southwestern OB/GYN Residency Program (2018)
- Administrative Chief Resident
UT Southwestern Obstetrics & Gynecology Department (2013)
- Medical Student Teaching Award
UT Southwestern Obstetrics & Gynecology Department (2012)
- Outstanding Intern Award
UT Southwestern Obstetrics & Gynecology Department (2011)
- The Society for Academic Specialists in General Obstetrics and Gynecology (SASGOG) (2022)
- Dallas County Medical Society (2014)
- Texas Medical Association (2014)
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (2010)