Syann Lee, Ph.D.
Assist Director Department Grants Administration
Department Internal Medicine
Syann Lee, Ph.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center and Assistant Director of Department Grants Administration.
Originally from Canada, Dr. Lee holds a bachelor's degree in genetics and a doctoral degree in medical genetics from the University of Alberta. She completed postdoctoral fellowships in medical genetics at the University of Alberta, endocrinology at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center with Dr. Joel Elmquist, and then in internal medicine with Dr. Joel Elmquist at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
Dr. Lee joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2009 as an Assistant Instructor. She was promoted to Instructor in 2010 and Assistant Professor in 2015.
Dr. Lee's research interests include glucose, endocrinology, metabolism, and obesity.
- University of Alberta - Canada (1997), Genetics
- Graduate School
- University of Alberta - Canada (2004), Genetics
- Segregation of acute leptin and insulin effects in distinct populations of arcuate proopiomelanocortin neurons.
- Williams KW, Margatho LO, Lee CE, Choi M, Lee S., Scott MM, Elias CF, Elmquist JK J Neurosci February 2010 30 2472-9
- Melanocortin-4 receptor expression in a vago-vagal circuitry involved in postprandial functions.
- Gautron L, Lee C, Funahashi H, Friedman J, Lee S, Elmquist J J Comp Neurol. January 2010 518 6-24
- Expression of the diabetes associated gene TCF7L2 in adult mouse brain.
- Lee S, Elias CF , Lee CE,,Elmquist JK J Comp Neurol. December 2009 517 925?939