Audrey Chang, Ph.D.
Department Internal Medicine | Charles and Jane Pak Center for Mineral Metabolism and Clinical Research
Audrey Chang, Ph.D., is an Associate Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a member of the Division of Nephrology in the Charles and Jane Pak Center for Mineral Metabolism and Clinical Research.
Dr. Chang holds a bachelor's degree in pre-health sciences with a minor in chemistry from Hawaii Pacific University, where she graduated magna cum laude. She then received her postdoctorate degree in molecular and cellular pharmacology at the University of Miami School of Medicine in Miami, Florida. She went on to do two postdoctoral fellowships at UT Southwestern Medical Center under Dr. James Stull.
Dr. Chang joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2017.
Dr. Chang is a member of the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) through the VA North Texas Health Care System. She is also a member of the American Herat Association and the American Physiological Society.
- Hawaii Pacific University (2001)
- Graduate School
- University of Miami (2007)
- Kinases and Phosphatases that Regulate Muscle Function
- Mechano-signal Transduction and Cell Structure
- Physiological versus pharmacological signalling to myosin phosphorylation in airway smooth muscle.
- Gao N, Tsai MH, Chang AN, He W, Chen CP, Zhu M, Kamm KE, Stull JT J. Physiol. (Lond.) 2017 Jul
- Vascular disease-causing mutation, smooth muscle a-actin R258C, dominantly suppresses functions of a-actin in human patient fibroblasts.
- Liu Z, Chang AN, Grinnell F, Trybus KM, Milewicz DM, Stull JT, Kamm KE Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2017 Jun
- Role of myosin light chain phosphatase in cardiac physiology and pathophysiology.
- Chang AN, Kamm KE, Stull JT J. Mol. Cell. Cardiol. 2016 Oct
- Cardiac myosin light chain is phosphorylated by Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent and -independent kinase activities.
- Chang AN, Mahajan P, Knapp S, Barton H, Sweeney HL, Kamm KE, Stull JT Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2016 Jun
- Physiological signalling to myosin phosphatase targeting subunit-1 phosphorylation in ileal smooth muscle.
- Gao N, Chang AN, He W, Chen CP, Qiao YN, Zhu M, Kamm KE, Stull JT J. Physiol. (Lond.) 2016 Feb
- Constitutive Phosphorylation of Cardiac Myosin Regulatory Light Chain in vivo.
- Chang AN, Battiprolu PK, Cowley PM, Chen G, Gerard RD, Pinto JR, Hill JA, Baker AJ, Kamm KE, Stull JT J. Biol. Chem. 2015 Mar
- Constitutive phosphorylation of myosin phosphatase targeting subunit-1 in smooth muscle.
- Tsai MH, Chang AN, Huang J, He W, Sweeney HL, Zhu M, Kamm KE, Stull JT J. Physiol. (Lond.) 2014 May
- The effects of neuregulin on cardiac Myosin light chain kinase gene-ablated hearts.
- Chang AN, Huang J, Battiprolu PK, Hill JA, Kamm KE, Stull JT PLoS ONE 2013 8 6 e66720
- Cardiac myosin is a substrate for zipper-interacting protein kinase (ZIPK).
- Chang AN, Chen G, Gerard RD, Kamm KE, Stull JT J. Biol. Chem. 2010 Feb 285 8 5122-6
Honors & Awards
- Scientist Development Grant
American Heart Association (2017)
- Postdoctoral Fellowship Award
American Heart Associate (2009)
- Predoctoral Fellowship Award
American Heart Association (2004)
- American Heart Association (2015)
- Biophysical Society (2005)