Amber Salter, Ph.D.
Section Head, Statistical Planning & Analysis
Endowed Title Kenney Marie Dixon-Pickens Distinguished Professorship in Multiple Sclerosis Research
Department Neurology | Peter O’Donnell Jr. Brain Institute
Dr. Amber Salter is an Associate Professor of Biostatistics at UT Southwestern. She graduated from the University of Alabama at Birmingham with a PhD in Biostatistics in 2015 and has a MPH in Epidemiology. She holds joint appointments in the Department of Population and Data Sciences and the Peter O’Donnell Jr. Brain Institute.
Dr. Salter’s research interest are in the design, analysis and interpretation of clinical trials and epidemiologic studies with a heavy focus in the area of Multiple Sclerosis (MS). She is also interested in the design and analysis of large complex databases and the issues and implications of their use in practice. She has been conducting research in the disease area of MS for over 10 years, specifically working with a disease registry, the North American Research Committee on Multiple Sclerosis (NARCOMS) Registry, which collects self-report data from persons with MS semi-annually.
- Comparative responsiveness of the health utilities index and the RAND-12 for multiple sclerosis.
- Marrie RA, Leung S, Cutter GR, Fox RJ, Salter A, Mult Scler 2021 Oct 27 11 1781-1789
- COVID-19 in Patients With Neuromyelitis Optica Spectrum Disorders and Myelin Oligodendrocyte Glycoprotein Antibody Disease in North America: From the COViMS Registry.
- Newsome SD, Cross AH, Fox RJ, Halper J, Kanellis P, Bebo B, Li D, Cutter GR, Rammohan KW, Salter A, Neurol Neuroimmunol Neuroinflamm 2021 09 8 5
- Uptake and Attitudes About Immunizations in People With Multiple Sclerosis.
- Marrie RA, Kosowan L, Cutter GR, Fox R, Salter A, Neurol Clin Pract 2021 Aug 11 4 327-334
- The emotional impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on individuals with progressive multiple sclerosis.
- Chiaravalloti ND, Amato MP, Brichetto G, Chataway J, Dalgas U, DeLuca J, Meza C, Moore NB, Feys P, Filippi M, Freeman J, Inglese M, Motl R, Rocca MA, Sandroff BM, Salter A, Cutter G, Feinstein A, J Neurol 2021 May 268 5 1598-1607
- Data harmonization for collaborative research among MS registries: A case study in employment.
- Salter A, Stahmann A, Ellenberger D, Fneish F, Rodgers WJ, Middleton R, Nicholas R, Marrie RA, Mult Scler 2021 02 27 2 281-289
- Disease-modifying therapy prescription patterns in people with multiple sclerosis by age.
- Zhang Y, Salter A, Jin S, Culpepper WJ, Cutter GR, Wallin M, Stuve O, Ther Adv Neurol Disord 2021 14 17562864211006499
- New applications for independent activities of daily living in measuring disability in multiple sclerosis.
- Salter A, Fox RJ, Tyry T, Cutter G, Marrie RA, Mult Scler 2021 01 27 1 97-106
- Adverse event profile differences between rituximab and ocrelizumab: Findings from the FDA Adverse Event Reporting Database.
- Caldito NG, Shirani A, Salter A, Stuve O, Mult. Scler. 2020 Aug 1352458520949986
- Comorbidity is associated with disease activity in MS: Findings from the CombiRx trial.
- Salter A, Kowalec K, Fitzgerald KC, Cutter G, Marrie RA, Neurology 2020 08 95 5 e446-e456
- Developing a crosswalk between the RAND-12 and the health utilities index for multiple sclerosis.
- Marrie RA, Dufault B, Tyry T, Cutter GR, Fox RJ, Salter A, Mult Scler 2020 08 26 9 1102-1110