- Graduate School
- Uni of Michigan - Ann Arbor (2001), Microbiology
- viral evolution
- virus-host interactions and pathogenesis
- virus-microbiota interactions
- Use of a glycan library reveals a new model for enteric virus oligosaccharide binding and virion stabilization.
- Lu H, Lehrman MA, Pfeiffer JK, J. Virol. 2019 Dec
- Bacteria Facilitate Enteric Virus Co-infection of Mammalian Cells and Promote Genetic Recombination.
- Erickson AK, Jesudhasan PR, Mayer MJ, Narbad A, Winter SE, Pfeiffer JK Cell Host Microbe 2018 Jan 23 1 77-88.e5
- Plaques Formed by Mutagenized Viral Populations Have Elevated Coinfection Frequencies.
- Aguilera ER, Erickson AK, Jesudhasan PR, Robinson CM, Pfeiffer JK MBio 2017 Mar 8 2
- Viral immunity. Transkingdom control of viral infection and immunity in the mammalian intestine.
- Pfeiffer JK, Virgin HW Science 2016 Jan 351 6270
- Bacterial lipopolysaccharide binding enhances virion stability and promotes environmental fitness of an enteric virus.
- Robinson CM, Jesudhasan PR, Pfeiffer JK Cell Host Microbe 2014 Jan 15 1 36-46
- Intestinal microbiota promote enteric virus replication and systemic pathogenesis.
- Kuss SK, Best GT, Etheredge CA, Pruijssers AJ, Frierson JM, Hooper LV, Dermody TS, Pfeiffer JK Science 2011 Oct 334 6053
- Multiple host barriers restrict poliovirus trafficking in mice.
- Kuss SK, Etheredge CA, Pfeiffer JK PLoS Pathog. 2008 Jun 4 6 e1000082
- Microbiota-independent antiviral effects of antibiotics on poliovirus and coxsackievirus.
- Woods Acevedo MA, Pfeiffer JK, Virology 2020 Jul 546 20-24
- Rapid dissemination and monopolization of viral populations in mice revealed using a panel of barcoded viruses.
- McCune BT, Lanahan MR, tenOever BR, Pfeiffer JK, J. Virol. 2019 Oct
- Related enteric viruses have different requirements for host microbiota in mice.
- Robinson CM, Woods Acevedo MA, McCune BT, Pfeiffer JK, J. Virol. 2019 Sep
Honors & Awards
- ODonnell Award in Science, TAMEST
- American Academy of Microbiology
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute Faculty Scholar
- Burroughs Wellcome Fund Investigators in the Pathogenesis of Infectious Disease
- Pew Scholar
- President’s Research Council Young Investigator Award