Julie Pfeiffer, Ph.D.
Endowed Title Kern and Marnie Wildenthal President's Research Council Professorship in Medical Science
Graduate Programs Molecular Microbiology
- Graduate School
- Uni of Michigan - Ann Arbor (2001), Microbiology
- circadian control of viral infection
- viral evolution
- virus-host interactions and pathogenesis
- virus-microbiota interactions
- Use of a glycan library reveals a new model for enteric virus oligosaccharide binding and virion stabilization.
- Lu H, Lehrman MA, Pfeiffer JK, J. Virol. 2019 Dec
- Bacteria Facilitate Enteric Virus Co-infection of Mammalian Cells and Promote Genetic Recombination.
- Erickson AK, Jesudhasan PR, Mayer MJ, Narbad A, Winter SE, Pfeiffer JK Cell Host Microbe 2018 Jan 23 1 77-88.e5
- Plaques Formed by Mutagenized Viral Populations Have Elevated Coinfection Frequencies.
- Aguilera ER, Erickson AK, Jesudhasan PR, Robinson CM, Pfeiffer JK MBio 2017 Mar 8 2
- Viral immunity. Transkingdom control of viral infection and immunity in the mammalian intestine.
- Pfeiffer JK, Virgin HW Science 2016 Jan 351 6270
- Bacterial lipopolysaccharide binding enhances virion stability and promotes environmental fitness of an enteric virus.
- Robinson CM, Jesudhasan PR, Pfeiffer JK Cell Host Microbe 2014 Jan 15 1 36-46
- Intestinal microbiota promote enteric virus replication and systemic pathogenesis.
- Kuss SK, Best GT, Etheredge CA, Pruijssers AJ, Frierson JM, Hooper LV, Dermody TS, Pfeiffer JK Science 2011 Oct 334 6053
- Multiple host barriers restrict poliovirus trafficking in mice.
- Kuss SK, Etheredge CA, Pfeiffer JK PLoS Pathog. 2008 Jun 4 6 e1000082
- Tradeoffs for a viral mutant with enhanced replication speed.
- Lanahan MR, Maples RW, Pfeiffer JK, Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2021 Jul 118 30
- Sorting nexin 5 mediates virus-induced autophagy and immunity.
- Dong X, Yang Y, Zou Z, Zhao Y, Ci B, Zhong L, Bhave M, Wang L, Kuo YC, Zang X, Zhong R, Aguilera ER, Richardson RB, Simonetti B, Schoggins JW, Pfeiffer JK, Yu L, Zhang X, Xie Y, Schmid SL, Xiao G, Gleeson PA, Ktistakis NT, Cullen PJ, Xavier RJ, Levine B, Nature 2020 Dec
- Microbiota-immune system interactions and enteric virus infection.
- Woods Acevedo MA, Pfeiffer JK, Curr Opin Virol 2020 Sep 46 15-19
Honors & Awards
- ODonnell Award in Science, TAMEST
- American Academy of Microbiology
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute Faculty Scholar
- Burroughs Wellcome Fund Investigators in the Pathogenesis of Infectious Disease
- Pew Scholar
- President’s Research Council Young Investigator Award