- Graduate School
- University of Michigan - Ann A (2001), Microbiology
- viral evolution
- virus-host interactions and pathogenesis
- virus-microbiota interactions
- Bacteria Facilitate Enteric Virus Co-infection of Mammalian Cells and Promote Genetic Recombination.
- Erickson AK, Jesudhasan PR, Mayer MJ, Narbad A, Winter SE, Pfeiffer JK Cell Host Microbe 2018 Jan 23 1 77-88.e5
- The importance of model systems: Why we study a virus on the brink of global eradication.
- Pfeiffer JK PLoS Pathog. 2017 Apr 13 4 e1006330
- Plaques Formed by Mutagenized Viral Populations Have Elevated Coinfection Frequencies.
- Aguilera ER, Erickson AK, Jesudhasan PR, Robinson CM, Pfeiffer JK MBio 2017 Mar 8 2
- Sex-dependent intestinal replication of an enteric virus.
- Robinson CM, Wang Y, Pfeiffer JK J. Virol. 2017 Jan
- Viral immunity. Transkingdom control of viral infection and immunity in the mammalian intestine.
- Pfeiffer JK, Virgin HW Science 2016 Jan 351 6270
- Emergence of a Large-Plaque Variant in Mice Infected with Coxsackievirus B3.
- Wang Y, Pfeiffer JK MBio 2016 7 2
- Bacterial lipopolysaccharide binding enhances virion stability and promotes environmental fitness of an enteric virus.
- Robinson CM, Jesudhasan PR, Pfeiffer JK Cell Host Microbe 2014 Jan 15 1 36-46
- Viruses and the Microbiota.
- Robinson CM, Pfeiffer JK Annu Rev Virol 2014 1 55-69
- Dynamic viral dissemination in mice infected with yellow fever virus strain 17D.
- Erickson AK, Pfeiffer JK J. Virol. 2013 Nov 87 22 12392-7
- Intestinal microbiota promote enteric virus replication and systemic pathogenesis.
- Kuss SK, Best GT, Etheredge CA, Pruijssers AJ, Frierson JM, Hooper LV, Dermody TS, Pfeiffer JK Science 2011 Oct 334 6053
Honors & Awards
- American Academy of Microbiology
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute Faculty Scholar
- Burroughs Wellcome Fund Investigators in the Pathogenesis of Infectious Disease
- Pew Scholar
- President’s Research Council Young Investigator Award
- Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation Fellowship
- MacNeal Distinguished Thesis Award