Heather Dalton, M.D.
Department Internal Medicine | Family and Community Medicine
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Heather Dalton, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a member of the Palliative Care section in the Division of General Internal Medicine. She has a secondary appointment in the Department of Family and Community Medicine. Her clinical interests include palliative care, complex transitions, and caring for veterans.
Dr. Dalton holds a bachelor's degree in biology from Westminster College in Salt Lake City. She earned her medical degree at Creighton University School of Medicine in Omaha, and completed a residency in family medicine at David Grant USAF Medical Center in Fairfield, California, where she served as Chief Resident. She then completed advanced training through a fellowship in Faculty Development at UC San Francisco, and a fellowship in Hospice and Palliative Care at UT Southwestern Medical Center. In 2022, she was named Fellow of the Year by Parkland Health and Hospital System.
Certified by the American Board of Family Medicine, she joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2022. She is the former Medical Director of the Family Medicine Residency Clinic at David Grant Medical Center.
At UT Southwestern, Dr. Dalton serves on the Palliative Medicine Education Committee.
Dr. Dalton is active in several professional societies. She is a Fellow of the American Academy of Physicians and a member of the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine and the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine.
- Medical School
- Creighton University School of Medicine (2014)
- David Grant United States Air Force Medical Center (2017), Family Medicine
- University of California San Francisco (2020), Faculty Development
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2022), Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- Structured Curricular Change Fails to Combat Resident Burnout.
- Halista CE, Dalton HA, Thornton JA, Mil Med 2022 Jun
- Cerebral Palsy: An Overview.
- Vitrikas K, Dalton H, Breish D, Am Fam Physician 2020 02 101 4 213-220