John Hart, M.D.
Endowed Title Distinguished Chair in Neuroscience (UT Dallas)
Department Neurology | Psychiatry
Graduate Programs Clinical Psychology
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
- Medical School
- University of Maryland School of Medicine (1983)
- Union Memorial Hospital (1984), Internal Medicine
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (1986), Neurology
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (1990), Research
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (1996), Neurology
- semantic memory
- Multimodal feature binding in object memory retrieval using event-related potentials: Implications for models of semantic memory.
- Chiang HS, Spence JS, Eroh JT, Maguire MJ, Kraut MA, Hart J, Int J Psychophysiol 2020 May 153 116-126
- Lack of Efficacy of High-Titered Immunoglobulin in Patients with West Nile Virus Central Nervous System Disease.
- Gnann JW, Agrawal A, Hart J, Buitrago M, Carson P, Hanfelt-Goade D, Tyler K, Spotkov J, Freifeld A, Moore T, Reyno J, Masur H, Jester P, Dale I, Li Y, Aban I, Lakeman FD, Whitley RJ, Emerging Infect. Dis. 2019 Nov 25 11 2064-2073
- Neuropsychological functioning in ageing retired NFL players: a critical review.
- Schaffert J, LoBue C, Fields L, Wilmoth K, Didehbani N, Hart J, Cullum CM, Int Rev Psychiatry 2019 Oct 1-18
- Neurophysiology of threat processing bias in combat-related post-traumatic stress disorder.
- DeLaRosa BL, Spence JS, Didehbani N, Tillman GD, Motes MA, Bass C, Kraut MA, Hart J, Hum Brain Mapp 2019 Oct
- High-Definition Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation to Improve of Verbal Retrieval Deficits in Chronic Traumatic Brain Injury.
- Motes MA, Spence JS, Yeatman K, Jones PM, Luttrell M, O'Hair R, Shakal S, DeLaRosa BL, To W, Vanneste S, Kraut MA, Hart J, J. Neurotrauma 2019 Jul
- Traumatic Brain Injury and Risk of Long-Term Brain Changes, Accumulation of Pathological Markers, and Developing Dementia: A Review.
- LoBue C, Munro C, Schaffert J, Didehbani N, Hart J, Batjer H, Cullum CM, J. Alzheimers Dis. 2019 Jul
- A Pilot Study of Changes in Medial Temporal Lobe Fractional Amplitude of Low Frequency Fluctuations after Sildenafil Administration in Patients with Alzheimer's Disease.
- Samudra N, Motes M, Lu H, Sheng M, Diaz-Arrastia R, Devous M, Hart J, Womack KB, J. Alzheimers Dis. 2019 May
- No Linear Association Between Number of Concussions or Years Played and Cognitive Outcomes in Retired NFL Players.
- Fields L, Didehbani N, Hart J, Cullum CM, Arch Clin Neuropsychol 2019 Mar
- Gulf War illness associated with abnormal auditory P1 event-related potential: Evidence of impaired cholinergic processing replicated in a national sample.
- Tillman GD, Spence JS, Briggs RW, Haley RW, Hart J, Kraut MA, Psychiatry Res Neuroimaging 2019 Jan 283 7-15
- Traumatic Brain Injury and Age of Onset of Dementia with Lewy Bodies.
- Nguyen TP, Schaffert J, LoBue C, Womack KB, Hart J, Cullum CM J. Alzheimers Dis. 2018 Oct
Neural Basis of Semantic Memory
Hart, J. & Kraut, M. (Eds.) (Ed.) (2007). Cambridge, UK, Cambridge Univ. Press
Neurobiology of Cognition and Behavior.
Hart, J. (2015). Oxford, UK, Oxford University Press
Honors & Awards
Behavioral Neurology Section of AAN (2005-2007)
Society for Behavioral and Cognitive Neurology (2005-2007)
- The William Alexander Hammond Award for Excellence in Neurology, University of Maryland School of Medicine
- Amer. Assn. for Advancement of Science (1987)
- American Academy of Neurology (AAN) (1987)
- New York Academy of Sciences (1983)
- Society for Behavioral and Cognitive Neurology (1987)
- Society for Neuroscience (1994)