Originally from Karnataka, India, Dr. Chenenda Prabhu received her medical degree from the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences in Bangalore, India. She earned a master's degree in public health at the University of Texas School of Public Health in Dallas, TX. She completed internal medicine residency training at the University of Buffalo at SUNY.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, Dr. Chenenda Prabhu joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2012.
At UT Southwestern, Dr. Chenenda Prabhu is on the Hospital Medicine Quality Improvement Committee and the Hospital Medicine Peer Review Committee.
Dr. Chenenda Prabhu is a member of the American College of Physicians and the Society of Hospital Medicine.
Dr. Chenenda Prabhu’s interests outside of medicine include spending time with her family, cooking, reading, and music.
- Medical School
- Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Medical College (2002)
- Undergraduate School
- UT Health Science Center at Houston (2008)
- University of Buffalo the State University of New York (2009), Internal Medicine
- University of Buffalo the State University of New York (2011), Internal Medicine
- Improving patient care using EMR
- Quality improvement and patient safety