Anthony Riccio, M.D. is a pediatric surgeon at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children and also provides orthopaedic trauma coverage at Children’s Medical Center of Dallas. He is an assistant professor in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at UT Southwestern. Dr. Riccio graduated from Dartmouth College in Hanover, NY and received his medical degree from Georgetown University School of Medicine in Washington, DC. He completed his internship in general surgery at the National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, MD and his residency in orthopaedic surgery at Georgetown University School of Medicine in Washington, DC. Dr. Wimberly also completed a fellowship in pediatric orthopaedic surgery at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children in Dallas, TX.
- Medical School
- Georgetown University Medical Center School of Medicine (1999)
- National Naval Medical Center - GME (2000), General Surgery
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital (2005), Orthopedic Surgery
- Texas Scottish Rite Hospital GME (2006), Pediatric Orthopedics & Scoliosis
- The Ponseti Method for the Treatment of Clubfeet Associated With Down Syndrome: A Single-institution 18-year Experience.
- Portalatin Perez E, Parenti S, Polk J, Jo C, Riccio AI, J Pediatr Orthop 2023 Feb 43 2 e106-e110
- Reconceptualizing the Juvenile Bunion.
- Zide JR, Hardin C, Shivers C, Tulchin-Francis K, Jo CH, Riccio AI, J Pediatr Orthop 2022 Oct
- Curve Characteristics and Surgical Outcomes in Scoliosis Associated With Childhood Sternotomy or Thoracotomy.
- Langner JL, Ezeonu T, Shafau AL, Javier N, Bryson X, Kaur J, Poppino K, Shivers C, Chilakapati S, Hall KE, Imrie MN, Rinsky L, Riccio AI, Vorhies JS, J Pediatr Orthop 2022 Aug
- Evaluation and Management of Adolescents With a Stiff Flatfoot.
- Ford SE, Zide JR, Riccio AI, J Am Acad Orthop Surg 2022 Apr
- The Efficacy of Intra-articular Subtalar Steroid Injection for Symptomatic Talocalcaneal Coalitions: A 30-Year Single Institution Experience.
- Zide JR, Shivers C, Adair C, Le T, Kanaan Y, Rathjen K, Jo CH, Riccio AI, J Pediatr Orthop 2022 Mar
- Lateral Cuneiform Ossification and Tibialis Anterior Tendon Width in Children Ages 3 to 6: Implications for Interference Screw Fixation of Tibialis Anterior Tendon Transfers in Children.
- Meyer ZI, Polk JL, Zide JR, Kanaan Y, Riccio AI, J Pediatr Orthop 2022 Feb
- Narrative review of ring fixator management of recurrent club foot deformity.
- Meyer Z, Zide JR, Cherkashin A, Samchukov M, Bohl DD, Riccio AI, Ann Transl Med 2021 Jul 9 13 1104
- Postoperative Outcomes in Diabetic Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery Patients: A National Database Study.
- Farahani F, Ahn J, Nakonezny PA, Wukich DK, Wimberly RL, Riccio AI, J Pediatr Orthop 2021 Jun
- The Ponseti Method for the Treatment of Clubfeet Associated With Amniotic Band Syndrome: A Single Institution 20-Year Experience.
- Esparza M, Tran E, Richards BS, Jo CH, Shivers C, Karacz C, Polk J, Riccio AI, J Pediatr Orthop 2021 May-Jun 01 41 5 301-305
- Intramedullary Ulnar Fixation for the Treatment of Monteggia Fracture.
- Riccio AI, Blumberg TJ, Baldwin KD, Schoenecker JG, JBJS Essent Surg Tech 2021 Apr-Jun 11 2
Comminuted Femoral Fracture Treated With Locked Enders Nails. In Pediatric Orthopaedic Trauma Atlas
McClure P and Riccio AI (2017).
The Pediatric Foot. In Core Topics in Foot and Ankle Surgery
Zide JR, Riccio AI, Brodsky JW (2018).
Honors & Awards
- Naval Medical Center San Diego
Navy and Marine Corps Meritorious Service Medal (2010)
- Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children
Boone Pickens Annual Spine Research Award (2006)
- Georgetown University Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
Hugh H. Hussey Award: Excellence in Medical Student Education (2005)
- Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America (2014)
- Orthopaedic Trauma Association (2012)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (2011)
- Society of Military Orthopaedic Surgeons (2008)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (2005)