Anthony Riccio, M.D. is a pediatric surgeon at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children and also provides orthopaedic trauma coverage at Children’s Medical Center of Dallas. He is an assistant professor in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at UT Southwestern. Dr. Riccio graduated from Dartmouth College in Hanover, NY and received his medical degree from Georgetown University School of Medicine in Washington, DC. He completed his internship in general surgery at the National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, MD and his residency in orthopaedic surgery at Georgetown University School of Medicine in Washington, DC. Dr. Wimberly also completed a fellowship in pediatric orthopaedic surgery at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children in Dallas, TX.
- Medical School
- Georgetown University Medical Center School of Medicine (1999)
- National Naval Medical Center - GME (2000), General Surgery
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital (2005), Orthopedic Surgery
- Texas Scottish Rite Hospital GME (2006), Pediatric Orthopedics & Scoliosis
- Real-Time Monitoring with a Controlled Advancement Drill May Decrease Plunge Depth.
- Wallace SB, Cherkashin A, Samchukov M, Wimberly RL, Riccio AI, J Bone Joint Surg Am 2019 Jul 101 13 1213-1218
- Retrograde Stainless Steel Flexible Nails Have Superior Resistance to Bending in Distal Third Femoral Shaft Fractures.
- Hubbard EW, Thompson RM, Jo CH, Pierce WA, Riccio AI, Wimberly RL, J Pediatr Orthop 2019 Apr 39 4 e258-e263
- Pediatric Cervical Spine Clearance: A Consensus Statement and Algorithm from the Pediatric Cervical Spine Clearance Working Group.
- Herman MJ, Brown KO, Sponseller PD, Phillips JH, Petrucelli PM, Parikh DJ, Mody KS, Leonard JC, Moront M, Brockmeyer DL, Anderson RCE, Alder AC, Anderson JT, Bernstein RM, Booth TN, Braga BP, Cahill PJ, Joglar JM, Martus JE, Nesiama JO, Pahys JM, Rathjen KE, Riccio AI, Schulz JF, Stans AA, Shah MI, Warner WC, Yaszay B, J Bone Joint Surg Am 2019 Jan 101 1 e1
- Is less more? Assessing the utility of early clinical and radiographic follow-up for operative supracondylar humerus fractures.
- Thompson RM, Hubbard EW, Elliott M, Riccio AI, Sucato DJ J Child Orthop 2018 Oct 12 5 502-508
- Pediatric Orthopedic Trauma: An Evidence-Based Approach.
- Hubbard EW, Riccio AI Orthop. Clin. North Am. 2018 Apr 49 2 195-210
Comminuted Femoral Fracture Treated With Locked Enders Nails. In Pediatric Orthopaedic Trauma Atlas
McClure P and Riccio AI (2017).
The Pediatric Foot. In Core Topics in Foot and Ankle Surgery
Zide JR, Riccio AI, Brodsky JW (2018).
Honors & Awards
- Naval Medical Center San Diego
Navy and Marine Corps Meritorious Service Medal (2010)
- Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children
Boone Pickens Annual Spine Research Award (2006)
- Georgetown University Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
Hugh H. Hussey Award: Excellence in Medical Student Education (2005)
- Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America (2014)
- Orthopaedic Trauma Association (2012)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (2011)
- Society of Military Orthopaedic Surgeons (2008)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (2005)