Dr. Khemtong received his B.Sc. from Ubonratchathani University in Thailand and his Ph.D. from the University of Akron, both in Chemistry. He then came to UTSW and received postdoctoral trainings in the Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center and the Advanced Imaging Research Center. Dr. Khemtong’s current research is focused on hyperpolarized MRI agents. He is also developing multifunctional nanoparticles as MR molecular imaging probes for the detection of diseases such as cancer.
- Cardiac metabolism by hyperpolarized NMR
- Hyperpolarized MR imaging agents
- Hyperpolarized (15)N-pyridine Derivatives as pH-Sensitive MRI Agents.
- Jiang W, Lumata L, Chen W, Zhang S, Kovacs Z, Sherry AD, Khemtong C Sci Rep 2015 5 9104
- Hyperpolarized (13) C NMR detects rapid drug-induced changes in cardiac metabolism.
- Khemtong C, Carpenter NR, Lumata LL, Merritt ME, Moreno KX, Kovacs Z, Malloy CR, Sherry AD Magn Reson Med 2014 Aug
- Off-resonance saturation MRI of superparamagnetic nanoprobes: theoretical models and experimental validations.
- Khemtong C, Togao O, Ren J, Kessinger CW, Takahashi M, Sherry AD, Gao J J. Magn. Reson. 2011 Mar 209 1 53-60
- Beta-lapachone micellar nanotherapeutics for non-small cell lung cancer therapy.
- Blanco E, Bey EA, Khemtong C, Yang SG, Setti-Guthi J, Chen H, Kessinger CW, Carnevale KA, Bornmann WG, Boothman DA, Gao J Cancer Res. 2010 May 70 10 3896-904
- In vivo off-resonance saturation magnetic resonance imaging of alphavbeta3-targeted superparamagnetic nanoparticles.
- Khemtong C, Kessinger CW, Ren J, Bey EA, Yang SG, Guthi JS, Boothman DA, Sherry AD, Gao J Cancer Res. 2009 Feb 69 4 1651-8
- In vivo angiogenesis imaging of solid tumors by alpha(v)beta(3)-targeted, dual-modality micellar nanoprobes.
- Kessinger CW, Khemtong C, Togao O, Takahashi M, Sumer BD, Gao J Exp. Biol. Med. (Maywood) 2010 Aug 235 8 957-65
- Multifunctional polymeric micelles as cancer-targeted, MRI-ultrasensitive drug delivery systems.
- Nasongkla N, Bey E, Ren J, Ai H, Khemtong C, Guthi JS, Chin SF, Sherry AD, Boothman DA, Gao J Nano Lett. 2006 Nov 6 11 2427-30
Honors & Awards
- Department of Defense Multidisciplinary Postdoctoral Award
- University Mobility in Asia and the Pacific (UMAP) Award
- World Molecular Imaging Society (2013)
- The International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (2008)
- American Chemical Society (2001)