Dr. Nandini Channabasappa is a graduate of Vanderbilt University and attended medical school at the University of the West Indies. She completed her residency in pediatrics at Henry Ford Hospital and Childrens Hopsital of Michigan and her fellowship in Pediatric gastroenterolgy, hepatology and nutrition here at UT Southwestern. Her clinical interest is in intestinal failure and short gut syndrome and is currently director of the Intestinal Rehabilitation Program within the Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology. She is also actively involved in advanced therapeutic endoscopy. Dr. Channabasappa is currently an Associate Professor in the Department of Pediatrics at UT Southwestern Medical Center and Children's Medical Center Dallas.
- Medical School
- University of the West Indies (2000)
- Other Post Graduate Training
- Children's Clinic East (2001), Pediatrics
- Other Post Graduate Training
- Vanderbilt Medical Center (2002), Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Henry Ford Hospital (2002), Pediatrics
- Children's Hospital of Michigan (2005), Pediatrics
- UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2008), Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Intestinal failure
- Therapeutic endoscopy in pediatrics
- Over the Scope Clips for Treatment of Acute Non-Variceal Gastrointestinal Bleeding in Children is Safe and Effective.
- Tran P, Carroll J, Barth BA, Channabasappa N, Troendle DM J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2018 Jun
- Anticoagulation results in increased line salvage for children with intestinal failure and central venous thrombosis.
- McLaughlin CM, Bennett M, Channabasappa N, Journeycake J, Piper HG J. Pediatr. Surg. 2018 Feb
- Abdominal Angiostrongyliasis: A Presentation of Eosinophilic Granulomatous Colitis.
- Walls T, Cavuoti D, Channabasappa N, Yang M, Southern P, Gill MA, Park JY Int. J. Surg. Pathol. 2017 Dec 1066896917749929
- A comparison of Broviac(®) and peripherally inserted central catheters in children with intestinal failure.
- Blotte C, Styers J, Zhu H, Channabasappa N, Piper HG J. Pediatr. Surg. 2017 Jan
- Predicting time to full enteral nutrition in children after significant bowel resection.
- Gonzalez-Hernandez J, Prajapati P, Ogola G, Channabasappa N, Drews B, Piper HG J. Pediatr. Surg. 2017 Jan
- Severe Gut Microbiota Dysbiosis Is Associated With Poor Growth in Patients With Short Bowel Syndrome.
- Piper HG, Fan D, Coughlin LA, Ho EX, McDaniel MM, Channabasappa N, Kim J, Kim M, Zhan X, Xie Y, Koh AY JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 2016 Jul
- Central venous thrombosis in children with intestinal failure on long-term parenteral nutrition.
- Gonzalez-Hernandez J, Daoud Y, Styers J, Journeycake JM, Channabasappa N, Piper HG J. Pediatr. Surg. 2016 Feb
- De novo cholangiocarcinoma after liver transplantation in a pediatric patient.
- Channabasappa N, Johnson-Welch S, Mittal N Pediatr Transplant 2010 Dec 14 8 E110-4
- Single-balloon enteroscopy in children: initial experience at a pediatric center.
- Barth BA, Channabasappa N J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2010 Nov 51 5 680-4
- Caregiver Education Reduces the Incidence of Community-Acquired CLABSIs in the Pediatric Patient With Intestinal Failure.
- Drews B, Macaluso M, Piper H, Channabasappa N Gastroenterol Nurs 2017 Nov/Dec 40 6 458-462
Honors & Awards
- Best Pediatric Specialists/Doctors in Dallas
D Magazine (2018)
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition
- North American Society of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (2005)