Dr. Matulevicius received her B.S.E. (Biomedical & Electrical Engineerig) degree from Duke University in 1998. There she was on the Deans List and Dean List with Distinction for graduate studies from 1994-1998. She graduated Magna Cum Laude with distinction in biomedical engineering. She then received her M.D. from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine where she was elected to Alpha Omega Alpha National Medical Honor Society. From 2002-2005 she served as an Intern and Resident in Internal Medicine at the Hospital University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia (ABIM Certified 2005). She completed her Cardiology Fellowship at UT Southwestern (ABIM Certified 2010). She completed an additional year of Advanced Cardiac Imaging fellowship concentrating on MRI in 2009. She currently is the medical director of the UT Southwestern Noninvasive Cardiac Imaging laboratories as well as the Assistant Dean of Faculty Wellness. She has a research interest in ways to enhance professional fullfilment in academic faculty, clinical impact of cardiovascular imaging, and echocardiography. She has a clinical interest in cardiovascular imaging, women's heart disease, coronary artery disease, and general cardiology.
- Medical School
- University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (2002)
- University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (2005), Internal Medicine
- Parkland Health & Hospital System (2009), Cardiology
- Cardiac MRI
- Cardiovascular physiology
- congestive heart failure
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Right ventricular structure and function
- Dynamic Relation of Changes in Weight and Indices of Fat Distribution With Cardiac Structure and Function: The Dallas Heart Study.
- Wilner B, Garg S, Ayers CR, Maroules CD, McColl R, Matulevicius SA, de Lemos JA, Drazner MH, Peshock R, Neeland IJ J Am Heart Assoc 2017 Jul 6 7
- Appropriate Use and Clinical Impact of Transthoracic Echocardiography.
- Matulevicius SA, Rohatgi A, Das SR, Price AL, Deluna A, Reimold SC JAMA Intern Med 2013 Jul
- Potential of Electron Beam Computed Tomography for Coronary Artery Calcium Screening to Evaluate Fatty Liver: Comparison with 1H Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy in the Dallas Heart Study.
- Matulevicius, S, Huff, LC, Szczepaniak, LS, Ayers, CR, Budoff, M, McColl, R, Khera, A, Peshock RM. Journal of Investigative Medicine 2011 59 780-786
- Association of Health ABC Heart Failure Score with Cardiac Structural and Functional Abnormalities in Young Individuals
- Gupta S, Berry JD, Ayers, CR, Matulevicius SA, Peshock RM, Patel PC, Markham DW, Drazner MH. Am Heart J 2010 159 5 817-24
- Long-term Outcomes with Ambrisentan Monotherapy in Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension.
- Blalock SE, Matulevicius S, Mitchell LC, Reimold S, Warner J, Peshock R, Torres F, Chin KM. Journal of Cardiac Failure 2010 16 2 121-7
- Chapter 26: Diagnosis and Management of Patients with Unstable Angina and Non-ST-Segment-Elevation Myocardial Infarction
- Matulevicius, S, Rohatgi, A, de Lemos, JA. Hurst?s The Heart Manual of Cardiology 2009 12th
- The Association between Plasma Caspase-3, Atherosclerosis, and Vascular Function in the Dallas Heart Study.
- Matulevicius, S, Rohatgi, A, Khera, A, Das, SR, Owens, A, Ayers, C, Timaran, CH, Rosero, EB, Drazner, MH, Peshock, RM, DeLemos, JA. Apoptosis 2008 13 10 1281-1289
- Magnetic Resonance Myocardial Fiber Orientation Mapping with Direct Histological Correlation.
- Hsu, EW, Muzikant, AL, Matulevicius, SA, Penland, RC, Henriquez, CS. American Journal of Physiology 1998 274 H1627-H1634
- Bleeding Risk in Patients with Cirrhosis Undergoing Transesophageal Echocardiography: 6-Year Experience from Parkland Health and Hospital System.
- Chandra A, Chen TC, Tang Z, Matulevicius SA, Das SR, Agrawal D, J Am Soc Echocardiogr 2019 May 32 5 678-680
- Association of African Ancestry With Electrocardiographic Voltage and Concentric Left Ventricular Hypertrophy: The Dallas Heart Study.
- Alame AJ, Garg S, Kozlitina J, Ayers C, Peshock RM, Matulevicius SA, Drazner MH JAMA Cardiol 2018 Nov
Honors & Awards
- ACCF/GE Healthcare Career Development Awards in Cardiovascular Imaging Technologies
An integrated assessment of right-sided cardiovascular performance in left-sided chronic heart failure (2011)
- AHA Women in Cardiology Trainee
Award for Excellence Recipient (2007)
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- TEAGLE Foundation
Merit-based partial academic scholarship for undergraduate and graduate studies (2002)
- Magna Cum Laude
Distinction in biomedical engineering (1998)
- National Science Foundation/Engineering Research Center
Undergraduate Research Fellowship (1998)
- American Medical Association (2020)
- American Society of Echocardiography (2018)
- Society of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance (SCMR) (2010)
- American College of Cardiology (2005)
- American Heart Association