Ruth Dubin, M.D.
Department Internal Medicine
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Ruth Dubin, M.D., is an Associate Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern, and a member of the Division of Nephrology. She is currently a Staff Physician at the North Texas VAMC in Dallas in Nephrology.
Originally from Somerville, New Jersey, Dr. Dubin holds a bachelor's degree with honors in fine arts and comparative literature from Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut. She earned her medical degree from the University of California San Francisco, and completed internal medicine residency training at UT Southwestern Medical Center. She followed up with advanced training through a fellowship in nephrology at the University of California San Francisco, where she won the Hardest Working Fellow Award.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in nephrology, Dr. Dubin joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2022.
Dr. Dubin is active in several professional societies. She is an American Society of Nephrology Fellow, a Principal Investigator for the NIDDK Biomarker Consortium, and a member of the MESA Omics Design Group for the NHLBI Trans-omics for Precision Medicine. She is also currently an Ad Hoc Reviewer for the Clinical Journal of the American Society of Nephrology.
Dr. Dubin's investigations have resulted in 24 publications in peer-reviewed journals and several book chapters and reviews.
- Medical School
- University of California at San Francisco (2005)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2008), Internal Medicine
- University of California at San Francisco (2011), Nephrology
- Identification of Novel Biomarkers and Pathways for Coronary Artery Calcification in Nondiabetic Patients on Hemodialysis Using Metabolomic Profiling.
- Chen W, Fitzpatrick J, Sozio SM, Jaar BG, Estrella MM, Riascos-Bernal DF, Wu TT, Qiu Y, Kurland IJ, Dubin RF, Chen Y, Parekh RS, Bushinsky DA, Sibinga NES, Kidney360 2021 Feb 2 2 279-289
- Proteomics and Metabolomics in Kidney Disease, including Insights into Etiology, Treatment, and Prevention.
- Dubin RF, Rhee EP, Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 2020 03 15 3 404-411
- Predictors of high sensitivity cardiac troponin T in chronic kidney disease patients: a cross-sectional study in the chronic renal insufficiency cohort (CRIC).
- Dubin RF, Li Y, He J, Jaar BG, Kallem R, Lash JP, Makos G, Rosas SE, Soliman EZ, Townsend RR, Yang W, Go AS, Keane M, Defilippi C, Mishra R, Wolf M, Shlipak MG, BMC Nephrol 2013 Oct 14 229
- Associations of pentraxin-3 with cardiovascular events, incident heart failure, and mortality among persons with coronary heart disease: data from the Heart and Soul Study.
- Dubin R, Li Y, Ix JH, Shlipak MG, Whooley M, Peralta CA, Am Heart J 2012 Feb 163 2 274-9
- Associations of endothelial dysfunction and arterial stiffness with intradialytic hypotension and hypertension.
- Dubin R, Owens C, Gasper W, Ganz P, Johansen K, Hemodial Int 2011 Jul 15 3 350-8
- Racial differences in the association of pentraxin-3 with kidney dysfunction: the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis.
- Dubin R, Shlipak M, Li Y, Ix J, de Boer IH, Jenny N, Peralta CA, Nephrol Dial Transplant 2011 Jun 26 6 1903-8
- Kidney function and multiple hemostatic markers: cross sectional associations in the multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis.
- Dubin R, Cushman M, Folsom AR, Fried LF, Palmas W, Peralta CA, Wassel C, Shlipak MG, BMC Nephrol 2011 Jan 12 3
- Kidney function decline in the elderly: impact of lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A(2).
- Peralta CA, Katz R, Shlipak M, Dubin R, DeBoer I, Jenny N, Fitzpatrick A, Koro C, Kestenbaum B, Ix J, Sarnak M, Cushman M, Am J Nephrol 2011 34 6 512-8
- Secretion of lactoferrin and lysozyme by cultures of human airway epithelium.
- Dubin RF, Robinson SK, Widdicombe JH, Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 2004 Apr 286 4 L750-5
- Resistance of differentiated human airway epithelium to infection by rhinovirus.
- Lopez-Souza N, Dolganov G, Dubin R, Sachs LA, Sassina L, Sporer H, Yagi S, Schnurr D, Boushey HA, Widdicombe JH, Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 2004 Feb 286 2 L373-81
Honors & Awards
- Hardest Working Fellow Award
- NHLBI Trans-omics for Precision Medicine (2022)
- American Society of Nephrology (2019)
- American Society of Nephrology (2019)
- NIDDK Biomarker Consortium (2016)