Mark Reddick, M.D., M.S., is an Associate Professor of Radiology at UT Southwestern Medical Center, and a member of its Vascular and Interventional Radiology Division. His clinical interests include minimally invasive treatments of cancer and vascular diseases.
Dr. Reddick received a bachelor's degree in biochemistry from the University of California Los Angeles, and a master's degree in pharmacology from Tulane University School of Medicine in New Orleans. He remained there to obtain his medical degree, and then received radiology residency training at UT Southwestern, where he also trained in neurological surgery. Dr. Reddick received advanced training through a fellowship program in vascular and interventional radiology at the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee.
Dr. Reddick is certified by the American Board of Radiology, with subspecialty certification in interventional radiology. He also is certified in vascular interpretation by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
He joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2012.
In his role as Chief of Vascular & Interventional Radiology at Parkland Memorial Hospital, Dr. Reddick is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day interventional radiology service and clinic operations, identifying areas for improvement, assessing priorities, and implementing innovative solutions.
Dr. Reddick’s research interests include minimally invasive cancer therapies, the management of congenital vascular malformations in adults, and medical education, and he is currently involved in several clinical trials.
He has published more than a dozen peer-reviewed journal articles, co-authored a book chapter, and delivered many lectures and presentations related to his work.
Dr. Reddick is a member of several professional organizations, including the Society of Interventional Radiology, American Board of Radiology, Radiological Society of North America, and American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
- Medical School
- Tulane University Medical School (2005)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2006), Surgery
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2007), Neurological Surgery
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2011), Diagnostic Radiology
- Med. College of Wisconsin Affil. Hosps. Prog. (2012), Interventional Radiology
- Management of congenital vascular malformations in the adult
- Medical Education
- Minimally Invasive Cancer Therapies
- Simulation in Radiology
- Catheter-directed pharmacologic thrombolysis for acute pulmonary embolism immediately following lung transplantation
- Reddick M, Pillai AK, Bollineni S, Kalva S JVIR 2015
- Establishment of a multidisciplinary hepatocellular carcinoma clinic is associated with improved clinical outcome.
- Yopp AC, Mansour JC, Beg MS, Arenas J, Trimmer C, Reddick M, Pedrosa I, Khatri G, Yakoo T, Meyer JJ, Shaw J, Marrero JA, Singal AG Annals of Surgical Oncology 2014 4 21 1287-95
- Intravascular US-guided transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt creation in a second-trimester pregnancy to prophylactically decompress abdominal wall varices before cesarean section.
- Pillai AK, Joseph AM, Reddick M, Toomay S, Kalva S JVIR 2014 3 25 481-3
- Interictal high-frequency oscillations (80-500 Hz) in the human epileptic brain: entorhinal cortex.
- Bragin A, Wilson CL, Staba RJ, Reddick M, Fried I, Engel J Ann. Neurol. 2002 Oct 52 4 407-15
- Ureteral-arterial fistula: Diagnosis and Management
- Reddick M, Pillai AK, Anderson M American Journal of Radiology 2015 Accepted. Awaiting Publication.
Hemodialysis Access: Imaging Diagnosis. In Dialysis Access Management
Reddick M, Kalva SP (2014). New York, Springer
Honors & Awards
- Golden Apple Teaching Award
UT Southwestern (2017)
- Best Radiology Resident Lecture
UT Southwestern (2016)
- Best Resident Lecture
Interventional Radiology Board Review (2014)
- Best Radiology Resident Lecture
UT Southwestern (2013)
- Paracelcus Award for Excellence in Toxicology
Tulane Medical School (2005)
- Humanism in Medicine Award
Arnold P. Gold Foundation (2004)
- American Board of Radiology
- American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
- Association of Program Directors in Radiology
- Association of University Radiologists
- Radiological Society of North America
- Society of Interventional Radiology
- Texas Medical Board