Dr. Nguyen received her medical degree from UT Health San Antonio. She subsequently completed Internal Medicine residency and Gastroenterology fellowship training at UT Southwestern. During her gastroenterology fellowship, she served as Chief Fellow which fostered her interest in housestaff education. Her clinical interest within the field of gastroenterology is esophageal disorders, specifically eosinophilic esophagitis, lymphocytic esophagitis and Barrett's esophagus. Dr. Nguyen's interests outside of medicine include travel, yoga and trying new restaurants.
- Barrett's esophagus
- Eosinophilic esophagitis
- Lymphocytic esophagitis
- A Peculiar Cause of Rectal Prolapse.
- Nguyen AD, Ahmed A, Jain R Gastroenterology 2017 Aug
- Unique Clinical Features of Los Angeles Grade D Esophagitis Suggest That Factors Other Than Gastroesophageal Reflux Contribute to its Pathogenesis.
- Nguyen AD, Spechler SJ, Shuler MN, Souza RF, Dunbar KB J. Clin. Gastroenterol. 2017 Jun
- How to Approach Lymphocytic Esophagitis.
- Nguyen AD, Dunbar KB Curr Gastroenterol Rep 2017 Jun 19 6 24
- The prophylactic placement of hemoclips to prevent delayed post-polypectomy bleeding: an unnecessary practice? A case control study.
- Feagins LA, Nguyen AD, Iqbal R, Spechler SJ Dig. Dis. Sci. 2014 Apr 59 4 823-8
- Paraneoplastic diarrhea in a patient with lung adenocarcinoma.
- Nguyen AD, Valasek MA, Burstein E Clin J Gastroenterol 2013 Oct 6 5 357-60
- The formation of straight and twisted filaments from short tau peptides.
- Goux WJ, Kopplin L, Nguyen AD, Leak K, Rutkofsky M, Shanmuganandam VD, Sharma D, Inouye H, Kirschner DA J. Biol. Chem. 2004 Jun 279 26 26868-75
Barrett's Esophagus. In Evidenced Based Gastroenterology and Hepatology, 4th edition
Nguyen AD, Dunbar KB, Spechler SJ ().
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (2016)
- Texas Society for Gastroenterology & Endoscopy (2016)
- American College of Gastroenterology (2015)
- American Gastroenterology Association (2013)