Originally from India, Dr. Vasan earned her medical degree at Mysore Medical College in Mysore, India. She completed her residency training in diagnostic radiology at Georgetown University Hospital in Washington, D.C., where she served as Chief Resident. She received advanced training in body imaging through a fellowship at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore.
Prior to joining the UT Southwestern faculty in 2005, Dr. Vasan served in private practice.
Her research interests include gastrointestinal imaging and procedures, as well as developing and testing a minimal prep CT colonography protocol for the dual energy CT scanner.
At UT Southwestern, Dr. Vasan provides leadership in computed tomography (CT) colonoscopy and enterography. She develops protocols, imaging brochures, and patient information and prep sheets. She also works with quality assurance and teaches residents and is a member of the Virtual Colonoscopy Committee and the Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) Committee.
Dr. Vasan is a member of several national and international professional societies, including, the Society of Abdominal Radiology, the American Roentgen Ray Society, and the Radiological Society of North America; for the latter, she has been a featured author in the high-profile journal Radiographics.
- Medical School
- Mysore Medical College (1993)
- J.S.S. Medical Hospital (1994), Rotating
- St. John Hospital and Medical Center (1997), Transitional Year
- Oakwood Hospital & Medical Center (1998), Diagnostic Radiology
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital (2001), Diagnostic Radiology
- Johns Hopkins Hospital (2002), Body Imaging
Honors & Awards
- Chief Resident
Served as Chief Resident at Georgetown University Hospital (2000)
- American College of Radiology
- Radiological Society of North America