Shahed Badiyan, M.D., Associate Professor, is Director of Clinical Adaptive Therapy and part of our GI and lung disease-oriented teams. Dr. Badiyan earned his bachelor’s degree from the University of Texas and medical degree from UT Southwestern Medical School. Following that, he did an internship at John Peter Smith Hospital, residency in radiation oncology at Washington University School of Medicine, Barnes Jewish Hospital, and proton therapy fellowship at the Paul Scherrer Institute in Switzerland.
Dr. Badiyan joined UT Southwestern from Washington University School of Medicine, Alvin J. Siteman Cancer Center where he served as Associate Professor and Associate Medical Director for Clinical Research.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2009)
- John Peter Smith Hospital (2010), Transitional Year
- Washington University School of Medicine (2014), Radiation Oncology
- Other Post Graduate Training
- Paul Scherrer Institute, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Center for Proton Therapy (2015)
- Initial clinical experience building a dual CT- and MR-guided adaptive radiotherapy program.
- Price AT, Schiff JP, Laugeman E, Maraghechi B, Schmidt M, Zhu T, Reynoso F, Hao Y, Kim T, Morris E, Zhao X, Hugo GD, Vlacich G, DeSelm CJ, Samson PP, Baumann BC, Badiyan SN, Robinson CG, Kim H, Henke LE, Clin Transl Radiat Oncol 2023 Sep 42 100661
- Clinical outcomes of patients with unresectable primary liver cancer treated with MR-guided stereotactic body radiation Therapy: A Six-Year experience.
- Chin RI, Schiff JP, Bommireddy A, Kang KH, Andruska N, Price AT, Green OL, Huang Y, Korenblat K, Parikh PJ, Olsen J, Samson PP, Henke LE, Kim H, Badiyan SN, Clin Transl Radiat Oncol 2023 Jul 41 100627
- Knowledge-based adaptive planning quality assurance using dosimetric indicators for stereotactic adaptive radiotherapy for pancreatic cancer.
- Forghani F, Ginn JS, Schiff JP, Zhu T, Marut L, Laugeman E, Maraghechi B, Badiyan SN, Samson PP, Kim H, Robinson CG, Hugo GD, Henke LE, Price AT, Radiother Oncol 2023 May 182 109603
- A pilot study of same-day MRI-only simulation and treatment with MR-guided adaptive palliative radiotherapy (MAP-RT).
- Schiff JP, Maraghechi B, Chin RI, Price A, Laugeman E, Rudra S, Hatscher C, Spraker MB, Badiyan SN, Henke LE, Green O, Kim H, Clin Transl Radiat Oncol 2023 Mar 39 100561
- Simulated computed tomography-guided stereotactic adaptive radiotherapy (CT-STAR) for the treatment of locally advanced pancreatic cancer.
- Schiff JP, Price AT, Stowe HB, Laugeman E, Chin RI, Hatscher C, Pryser E, Cai B, Hugo GD, Kim H, Badiyan SN, Robinson CG, Henke LE, Radiother Oncol 2022 Oct 175 144-151
- Circumferential Resection Margin as Predictor of Nonclinical Complete Response in Nonoperative Management of Rectal Cancer.
- Chin RI, Schiff JP, Shetty AS, Pedersen KS, Aranha O, Huang Y, Hunt SR, Glasgow SC, Tan BR, Wise PE, Silviera ML, Smith RK, Suresh R, Byrnes K, Samson PP, Badiyan SN, Henke LE, Mutch MG, Kim H, Dis Colon Rectum 2023 Jul 66 7 973-982
- Prospective In Silico Evaluation of Cone-Beam Computed Tomography-Guided StereoTactic Adaptive Radiation Therapy (CT-STAR) for the Ablative Treatment of Ultracentral Thoracic Disease.
- Schiff JP, Laugeman E, Stowe HB, Zhao X, Hilliard J, Hawk E, Watkins J, Hatscher C, Badiyan SN, Samson PP, Hugo GD, Robinson CG, Price AT, Henke LE, Adv Radiat Oncol 2023 8 6 101226
- A pilot phase Ib study to evaluate tadalafil to overcome immunosuppression during chemoradiotherapy for IDH-wild-type glioblastoma.
- Ghosh S, Johanns TM, Chheda MG, Liu E, Butt O, Abraham C, Badiyan S, Huang Y, DeNardo D, Kim AH, Hallahan D, Thotala D, Huang J, Neurooncol Adv 2023 5 1 vdad088
- In Silico Trial of Computed Tomography-Guided Stereotactic Adaptive Radiation Therapy (CT-STAR) for the Treatment of Abdominal Oligometastases.
- Schiff JP, Stowe HB, Price A, Laugeman E, Hatscher C, Hugo GD, Badiyan SN, Kim H, Robinson CG, Henke LE, Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2022 Dec 114 5 1022-1031
- Radiation-Induced Cardiovascular Toxicities.
- Badiyan SN, Puckett LL, Vlacich G, Schiffer W, Pedersen LN, Mitchell JD, Bergom C, Curr Treat Options Oncol 2022 Oct 23 10 1388-1404