- Medical School
- Washington University School of Medicine (1993)
- Brigham and Women's Hospital (1996), Internal Medicine
- Consglio Nazionale delle Ricerche (1997), Molecular Genetics
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Brigham & Women's Hospital and Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School (1999), Hematology Oncology
- Children's Hospital of Boston (2004), Pediatric Hematology
- Ewing sarcoma
- Germ cell tumors
- Pediatric cancers
- Wilms tumor
- Zebrafish models of human disease
- Revised risk classification for pediatric extracranial germ cell tumors based on 25 years of clinical trial data from the United kingdom and United States.
- Frazier AL, Hale JP, Rodriguez-Galindo C, Dang H, Olson T, Murray MJ, Amatruda JF, Thornton C, Arul GS, Billmire D, Shaikh F, Pashankar F, Stoneham S, Krailo M, Nicholson JC J. Clin. Oncol. 2015 Jan 33 2 195-201
- Autophagy is essential for cardiac morphogenesis during vertebrate development.
- Lee E, Koo Y, Ng A, Wei Y, Luby-Phelps K, Juraszek A, Xavier RJ, Cleaver O, Levine B, Amatruda JF Autophagy 2014 Jan 10 4
- Somatic mutations in DROSHA and DICER1 impair microRNA biogenesis through distinct mechanisms in Wilms tumours.
- Rakheja D, Chen KS, Liu Y, Shukla AA, Schmid V, Chang TC, Khokhar S, Wickiser JE, Karandikar NJ, Malter JS, Mendell JT, Amatruda JF Nat Commun 2014 2 4802
- Multiple isoforms of CDC25 oppose ATM activity to maintain cell proliferation during vertebrate development.
- Verduzco D, Shepard Dovey J, Shukla A, Kodym E, Skaug BA, Amatruda JF Mol. Cancer Res. 2012 Sep
- A zebrafish transgenic model of Ewing's sarcoma reveals conserved mediators of EWS-FLI1 tumorigenesis.
- Leacock SW, Basse AN, Chandler GL, Kirk AM, Rakheja D, Amatruda JF Disease models & mechanisms 2011 Oct
- Mutation in the type IB bone morphogenetic protein receptor Alk6b impairs germ-cell differentiation and causes germ-cell tumors in zebrafish.
- Neumann JC, Chandler GL, Damoulis VA, Fustino NJ, Lillard K, Looijenga L, Margraf L, Rakheja D, Amatruda JF Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2011 Aug 108 32 13153-8
- Bone morphogenetic protein signalling activity distinguishes histological subsets of paediatric germ cell tumours.
- Fustino N, Rakheja D, Ateek CS, Neumann JC, Amatruda JF Int. J. Androl. 2011 Aug 34 4 Pt 2 e218-33
- Differences in DNA methylation profiles by histologic subtype of paediatric germ cell tumours: a report from the Children's Oncology Group.
- Williams LA, Mills L, Hooten AJ, Langer E, Roesler M, Frazier AL, Krailo M, Nelson HH, Bestrashniy J, Amatruda JF, Poynter JN Br. J. Cancer 2018 Oct 119 7 864-872
- Chen KS, Stroup EK, Budhipramono A, Rakheja D, Nichols-Vinueza D, Xu L, Stuart SH, Shukla AA, Fraire C, Mendell JT, Amatruda JF Genes Dev. 2018 Jul
- Integrative Bayesian Analysis Identifies Rhabdomyosarcoma Disease Genes.
- Xu L, Zheng Y, Liu J, Rakheja D, Singleterry S, Laetsch TW, Shern JF, Khan J, Triche TJ, Hawkins DS, Amatruda JF, Skapek SX Cell Rep 2018 Jul 24 1 238-251
Germ Cell Tumors. In Pizzo PA, Poplack DG, eds. Principles and Practice of Pediatric Oncology. 7th ed.
Frazier AL, Olson TA, Schneider DT, Perlman EJ, Amatruda JF. (2015). Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 899-917.
Pediatric Germ Cell Tumors
Amatruda JF, Frazier AL. (Ed.) (2014). Berlin: Springer.
Zebrafish Germ Cell Tumors. In Langenau DM, ed. Cancer and Zebrafish: Mechanisms, Techniques, and Models.
Sanchez A, Amatruda JF. (2016). Springer; 479-494.
Pediatric Germ Cell Tumors. In Orkin SH, Nathan DG, Ginsburg D, Look AT, Fisher DE, Lux SE, eds. Nathan and Oski's Textbook of Pediatric Hematology-Oncology. 8th ed.
Frazier AL, Billmire D, Amatruda J. (2014). Philadelphia: Elsevier Saunders; 2056-2099.
Honors & Awards
- Regent's Outstanding Teaching Award
University of Texas System (2013)
- Outstanding Teacher, MS1 Class
- Health Care Heroes Award, Dallas Business Journal
- William Guy Forbeck Research Foundation Scholar
- Arnold Dunne Award
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- Zebrafish Disease Models Society (2013)
- American Association for Cancer Research (2012)
- Society for Developmental Biology (2010)
- American Society for Pediatric Hematology-Oncology (2008)