- Uni of California-Davis (1992), Biology
- Graduate School
- University of Texas-Austin (1999), Zoology
- Developmental Biology
- Single cell transcriptomics
- Stem/progenitor cells
- Tissue engineering and regeneration
- Distinct and sequential tissue-specific activities of the LIM-class homeobox gene Lim1 for tubular morphogenesis during kidney development.
- Kobayashi A, Kwan KM, Carroll TJ, McMahon AP, Mendelsohn CL, Behringer RR Development 2005 Jun 132 12 2809-23
- Sprouty1 is a critical regulator of GDNF/RET-mediated kidney induction.
- Basson MA, Akbulut S, Watson-Johnson J, Simon R, Carroll TJ, Shakya R, Gross I, Martin GR, Lufkin T, McMahon AP, Wilson PD, Costantini FD, Mason IJ, Licht JD Dev. Cell 2005 Feb 8 2 229-39
- Sonic hedgehog regulates proliferation and differentiation of mesenchymal cells in the mouse metanephric kidney.
- Yu, J., Carroll, T.J., and McMahon, A.P. Development 2002 129 5301-12
- Synergism between Pax-8 and lim-1 in embryonic kidney development.
- Carroll TJ, Vize PD Dev. Biol. 1999 Oct 214 1 46-59
- Dynamic patterns of gene expression in the developing pronephros of Xenopus laevis.
- Carroll TJ, Wallingford JB, Vize PD Dev. Genet. 1999 24 3-4 199-207
- Synergism between Pax-8 and Lim-1 in embryonic kidney development
- Carroll, T. J. and Vize, P Developmental Biology 1999 214(1) 46-59
- Precocious expression of the Wilms' tumor gene xWT1 inhibits embryonic kidney development in Xenopus laevis.
- Wallingford JB, Carroll TJ, Vize PD Dev. Biol. 1998 Oct 202 1 103-12
- Wilms' tumor suppressor gene is involved in the development of disparate kidney forms: evidence from expression in the Xenopus pronephros.
- Carroll TJ, Vize PD Dev. Dyn. 1996 Jun 206 2 131-8
Honors & Awards
- A.S.N. Gottschalk Career Development Award
- A.H.A. Scientist Development Grant
- American Society for Nephrology
- Society for Developmental Biology