- Medical School
- George Washington University School of Medicine (1998)
- Duke University Medical Center (2001), Internal Medicine
- Duke University Medical Center (2004), Biomedical Research
- Cardiac biomarkers and anti-platelet treatment in the management of cardiovascular disease in Chronic Kidney Disease
- Depression, epidemiology, diagnosis and treatment in Chronic Kidney Disease and End-Stage Renal Disease
- Epidemiology and Outcomes of cardiovascular disease in Chronic Kidney Disease
- When is a Conservative Approach to Advanced Chronic Kidney Disease Preferable to Renal Replacement Therapy?
- Berger JR, Hedayati SS Semin Dial 2014 May 27 3 253-6
- Association of urinary sodium-to-potassium ratio with obesity in a multiethnic cohort.
- Jain N, Minhajuddin AT, Neeland IJ, Elsayed EF, Vega GL, Hedayati SS Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 2014 Feb
- Rise or fall of glomerular filtration rate: does it matter?
- Nishank J, Susan Hedayati S Kidney Int. 2013 Apr 83 4 550-3
- Rationale and design of the Chronic Kidney Disease Antidepressant Sertraline Trial (CAST).
- Jain N, Trivedi MH, Rush AJ, Carmody T, Kurian B, Toto RD, Sarode R, Hedayati SS Contemp Clin Trials 2013 Jan 34 1 136-44
- Antiplatelet Therapy in the Management of Cardiovascular Disease in Patients with CKD: What Is the Evidence?
- Jain N, Hedayati SS, Sarode R, Banerjee S, Reilly RF Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 2012 Sep
- Renal replacement therapy in the elderly population.
- Berger JR, Hedayati SS Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 2012 Jun 7 6 1039-46
- Association of urinary sodium/potassium ratio with blood pressure: sex and racial differences.
- Hedayati SS, Minhajuddin AT, Ijaz A, Moe OW, Elsayed EF, Reilly RF, Huang CL Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 2012 Feb 7 2 315-22
- How should clinicians interpret cardiac troponin values in patients with ESRD?
- Jain N, Hedayati SS Semin Dial 2011 Jul-Aug 24 4 398-400
- Non-pharmacological aspects of blood pressure management: what are the data?
- Hedayati SS, Elsayed EF, Reilly RF Kidney Int. 2011 May 79 10 1061-70
- Association between major depressive episodes in patients with chronic kidney disease and initiation of dialysis, hospitalization, or death.
- Hedayati SS, Minhajuddin AT, Afshar M, Toto RD, Trivedi MH, Rush AJ JAMA 2010 May 303 19 1946-53
Honors & Awards
- Executive Committe
American society of Nephrology Program Directors (2013)
American Society of Nephrology (2013)
- NIDDK Special Emphasis Panel
USRDS Special Study Centers (2013)
- Cardiorenal Study Section
American Heart Association (2012)
- Hypertension Advisory Group
American Society of Nephrology (2012)
- Duke Clinical Research Institute Research Fellow's Award
Duke University (2004)
- First Place Award for Clinical Research
Southern Society for Clinical Investigation, Nephrology Young Investigators Forum (2004)
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality Fellowship Award
Duke University (2002)
- First Place Award for Research
George Washington University (1996)
- NIH Medical Student Research Fellowship Award