Dr. Nisa Kubiliun, M.D., is an Associate Professor in UT Southwestern Medical Center’s Department of Internal Medicine. Dr. Kubiliun serves as the Clinical Chief of the Division of Digestive and Liver Diseases as well as the Medical Director of Endoscopy Services at UT Southwestern. She also directs the multidisciplinary Pancreatic Cancer Prevention Program at UT Southwestern.
Dr. Kubiliun earned her undergraduate degree in nutritional studies from the University of Florida and her medical degree from the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. She completed a residency in internal medicine at UT Southwestern in 2006 and was selected to serve as Chief Medical Resident. After a fellowship in gastroenterology at the University of Miami, Dr. Kubiliun pursued an interventional endoscopy fellowship at the University of Michigan.
With three years of general gastrointestinal training and an additional year of interventional training, Dr. Kubiliun is uniquely positioned to offer comprehensive care for gastrointestinal disorders and cancer.
Dr. Kubiliun was honored by UT Southwestern with the Lyman Bilhartz Gastroenterology Teaching Award. She also was selected to be a part of the American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy’s Leadership, Education, and Development (LEAD) program.
Dr. Kubiliun serves on the UT Southwestern Peer Review Committee, the Fellowship Evaluation Committee, and the Fellowship Selection and Retention Committee. Nationally, she is on the Training Committee for the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy and serves as an ad hoc reviewer for the Gastrointestinal Endoscopy journal.
Dr. Kubiliun is a member of the American Gastrointestinal Association, the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, and the American College of Gastroenterology.
She has been included in D Magazine's Best Doctors list every year since 2015.
- Medical School
- University of Miami - School of Medicine (2003)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2007), Internal Medicine
- University of Miami Miller School of Medicine (2010), Gastroenterology
- Regional and racial variations in the utilization of endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography among pancreatic cancer patients in the United States.
- Tavakkoli A, Singal AG, Waljee AK, Scheiman JM, Murphy CC, Pruitt SL, Xuan L, Kwon RS, Law RJ, Elta GH, Wright-Slaughter P, Valley TS, Kubiliun N, Nathan H, Rubenstein JH, Elmunzer BJ, Cancer Med 2019 May
- Endoscopic Treatment of Early-Stage Esophageal Cancer.
- Naveed M, Kubiliun N Curr Oncol Rep 2018 Jul 20 9 71
- Accuracy of Referring Provider and Endoscopist Impressions of Colonoscopy Indication.
- Naveed M, Clary M, Ahn C, Kubiliun N, Agrawal D, Cryer B, Murphy C, Singal AG J Natl Compr Canc Netw 2017 Jul 15 7 920-925
- EGD core curriculum.
- Kwon RS, Davila RE, Mullady DK, Al-Haddad MA, Bang JY, Bingener-Casey J, Bosworth BP, Christie JA, Cote GA, Diamond S, Jorgensen J, Kowalski TE, Kubiliun N, Law JK, Obstein KL, Qureshi WA, Ramirez FC, Sedlack RE, Tsai F, Vignesh S, Wagh MS, Zanchetti D, Coyle WJ, Cohen J VideoGIE 2017 Jul 2 7 162-168
- Efficacy and safety of endoscopic gallbladder drainage in acute cholecystitis: Is it better than percutaneous gallbladder drainage? A systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Khan MA, Atiq O, Kubiliun N, Ali B, Kamal F, Nollan R, Ismail MK, Tombazzi C, Kahaleh M, Baron TH Gastrointest. Endosc. 2016 Jun
- How Do We Manage Gastric Intestinal Metaplasia? A Survey of Clinical Practice Trends for Gastrointestinal Endoscopists in the United States.
- Vance RB, Kubiliun N, Dunbar KB Dig. Dis. Sci. 2016 Mar
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP): core curriculum.
- Jorgensen J, Kubiliun N, Law JK, Al-Haddad MA, Bingener-Casey J, Christie JA, Davila RE, Kwon RS, Obstein KL, Qureshi WA, Sedlack RE, Wagh MS, Zanchetti D, Coyle WJ, Cohen J Gastrointest. Endosc. 2015 Dec
- Informed Consent for GI Endoscopy-Do the Time and Place Matter?
- Atiq O, Kubiliun N, Agrawal D Gastroenterol Nurs 2015 Jul-Aug 38 4 305-306
- Predicting the likelihood of a persistent bile duct stone in patients with suspected choledocholithiasis: accuracy of existing guidelines and the impact of laboratory trends.
- Adams MA, Hosmer AE, Wamsteker EJ, Anderson MA, Elta GH, Kubiliun NM, Kwon RS, Piraka CR, Scheiman JM, Waljee AK, Hussain HK, Elmunzer BJ Gastrointest. Endosc. 2015 Mar
- Evaluation of Pharmacologic Prevention of Pancreatitis Following Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography: a Systematic Review.
- Kubiliun NM, Adams MA, Akshintala VS, Conte ML, Cote GA, Cotton PB, Dumonceau JM, Elta GH, Fogel EL, Freeman ML, Lehman GA, Naveed M, Romagnuolo J, Scheiman JM, Sherman S, Singh VK, Elmunzer BJ Clin. Gastroenterol. Hepatol. 2015 Jan