Originally from Dallas, Dr. Casey holds bachelor's degrees in religious studies and political science from Southern Methodist University. She earned her medical degree at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio and completed internal medicine residency training at UT Southwestern. She then obtained advanced training through a fellowship program in gastroenterology at Tulane University in New Orleans.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in gastroenterology, Dr. Casey joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2010.
Dr. Casey is an active member of several professional societies, including the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases, the American College of Gastroenterology, and the Texas Society for Gastroenterology and Endoscopy, which she serves as a member of the Executive Board in addition to several committees.
- Medical School
- University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (2000)
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Medical Center (2002), General Surgery
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2005), Internal Medicine
- Tulane University School of Medicine (2010), Gastroenterology
- Acute Liver Failure
- Celiac Disease
Honors & Awards
- TRFC Liaison to the Dean of the Medical School
Tulane Fellow Congress (2010)
- Best Poster Presentation
American College of Gastroenterology (2009)
- American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Texas Society for Gastroenterology and Endoscopy