Dr. Didehbani received her undergraduate degree in Biology from Baylor University and continued to The University of North Texas where she obtained her Master’s in Clinical Psychology and Doctorate in Clinical Health Psychology. She completed an internship at Wayne State University with rotations in health psychology, adult neuropsychology, and pediatric neuropsychology. Following internship she completed a postdoctoral fellowship at the University of Texas at Dallas under the supervision of Dr. Munro Cullum. She joined UT Southwestern Faculty in 2015 with a joint adjunct appointment at the University of Texas at Dallas. Her departmental activities include TBI research and neuropsychological evaluation of person’s with known or suspected neurological disorders inclduing dementia and epilepsy.
Dr. Didehbani’ s current research focuses on longitudinal effects of head impact in youth athletes and aging effects of traumatic brain injury. Her clinical expertise is in neuropsychological assessment, with primary interest in examining individuals with sports related concussion and neurocognitive disorders.
Dr. Didehbani is a member of American Psychological Association, National Academy of Neuropsychology, International Neuropsychological Society, and serves as the Education Chair of the Sports Neuropsychology Society.
- Medical School
- University of North Texas
- Wayne State University (2008), Clinical Psychology
- Other Post Graduate Training
- University of North Texas (2009)
- Graduate School
- University of North Texas (2009), Psychology
- Modular Brain Network Organization Predicts Response to Cognitive Training in Older Adults.
- Gallen CL, Baniqued PL, Chapman SB, Aslan S, Keebler M, Didehbani N, D'Esposito M PLoS ONE 2016 11 12 e0169015
- Factors Impacting Functional Status in Veterans of Recent Conflicts With PTSD.
- Kozel FA, Didehbani N, DeLaRosa B, Bass C, Schraufnagel CD, Morgan CR, Jones P, Spence JS, Hart J J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 2015 Dec appineuropsych15070183
- Imaging Correlates of Memory and Concussion History in Retired National Football League Athletes.
- Strain JF, Womack KB, Didehbani N, Spence JS, Conover H, Hart J, Kraut MA, Cullum CM JAMA Neurol 2015 Jul 72 7 773-80
- Neural mechanisms of brain plasticity with complex cognitive training in healthy seniors.
- Chapman SB, Aslan S, Spence JS, Hart JJ, Bartz EK, Didehbani N, Keebler MW, Gardner CM, Strain JF, DeFina LF, Lu H Cereb. Cortex 2015 Feb 25 2 396-405
- An investigation of reasoning by analogy in schizophrenia and autism spectrum disorder.
- Krawczyk DC, Kandalaft MR, Didehbani N, Allen TT, McClelland MM, Tamminga CA, Chapman SB Front Hum Neurosci 2014 8 517
- Depressive symptoms and white matter dysfunction in retired NFL players with concussion history.
- Strain J, Didehbani N, Cullum CM, Mansinghani S, Conover H, Kraut MA, Hart J, Womack KB Neurology 2013 Jul 81 1 25-32
- Neuroimaging of cognitive dysfunction and depression in aging retired National Football League players: a cross-sectional study.
- Hart J, Kraut MA, Womack KB, Strain J, Didehbani N, Bartz E, Conover H, Mansinghani S, Lu H, Cullum CM JAMA Neurol 2013 Mar 70 3 326-35
- Virtual reality social cognition training for young adults with high-functioning autism.
- Kandalaft MR, Didehbani N, Krawczyk DC, Allen TT, Chapman SB J Autism Dev Disord 2013 Jan 43 1 34-44
- Shorter term aerobic exercise improves brain, cognition, and cardiovascular fitness in aging.
- Chapman SB, Aslan S, Spence JS, Defina LF, Keebler MW, Didehbani N, Lu H Front Aging Neurosci 2013 5 75
- Brief report: Insight into illness and social attributional style in Asperger's syndrome.
- Didehbani N, Shad MU, Kandalaft MR, Allen TT, Tamminga CA, Krawczyk DC, Chapman SB J Autism Dev Disord 2012 Dec 42 12 2754-60
Assessment and Management of Sports Concussion. In Rehabilitation After Traumatic Brain Injury
Bell, K., Rinaldi, R., & Didehbani, N (2018). Elsevier