David Schindel did his General Surgery Residency at Indiana University School of Medicine: 1992-1998. He did his Pediatric Surgical Fellowship at St Christopher’s Hospital for Children Philadelphia 1998-2000. He is attending Pediatric Surgeon at Children’s Medical Center of Dallas and an Assistant Professor. His interests include Congenital Surgery, Pediatric Oncology Surgical, and Minimally Invasive Surgical Approaches.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (1992)
- Indiana University Medical Center (1998), General Surgery
- Tenet Healthcare Corporation, Headquarters Office /St. Christopher's Hospital for Children (2000), Pediatric Surgery
- Characterization and treatment of biliary anastomotic stricture after segmental liver transplantation.
- Schindel D, Dunn S, Casas A, Billmire D, Vinocur C, Weintraub W, J Pediatr Surg 2000 Jun 35 6 940-2
- Pediatric recipients of three or more hepatic allografts: results and technical challenges.
- Schindel DT, Dunn SP, Casas AT, Falkenstein K, Billmire DF, Vinocur CD, Weintraub WH J. Pediatr. Surg. 2000 Feb 35 2 297-300; discussion 301-2
- Hepatic resection enhances growth of residual intrahepatic and subcutaneous hepatoma, which is inhibited by octreotide.
- Schindel DT, Grosfeld JL J. Pediatr. Surg. 1997 Jul 32 7 995-7; discussion 997-8
- Interleukin-11 improves survival and reduces bacterial translocation and bone marrow suppression in burned mice.
- Schindel D, Maze R, Liu Q, Williams D, Grosfeld J, J Pediatr Surg 1997 Feb 32 2 312-5
- Trophic effects of interleukin-11 in rats with experimental short bowel syndrome.
- Liu Q, Du XX, Schindel DT, Yang ZX, Rescorla FJ, Williams DA, Grosfeld JL J. Pediatr. Surg. 1996 Aug 31 8 1047-50; discussion 1050-1
Honors & Awards
- Leonard Ensminger Award for Best Trauma Paper/Presentation
Indiana Chapter of the American College of Surgeons (1993)
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Surgical Section Fellow
- American College of Surgeons - Associate Fellow
- American Pediatric Surgical Association
- Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons