David Schindel did his General Surgery Residency at Indiana University School of Medicine: 1992-1998. He did his Pediatric Surgical Fellowship at St Christopher’s Hospital for Children Philadelphia 1998-2000. He is attending Pediatric Surgeon at Children’s Medical Center of Dallas and an Assistant Professor. His interests include Congenital Surgery, Pediatric Oncology Surgical, and Minimally Invasive Surgical Approaches.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (1992)
- Indiana University Medical Center (1998), General Surgery
- Tenet Healthcare Corporation, Headquarters Office /St. Christopher's Hospital for Children (2000), Pediatric Surgery
- In trauma, expect the unexpected: a rare case of post-traumatic pancreatitis associated with salmonellosis and enterocolitis.
- Apelt N, Thompson E, Brown E, Schindel D, BMJ Case Rep 2018 Nov 2018
- Outcomes following two-stage surgical approaches in the treatment of pediatric ulcerative colitis.
- Bismar N, Knod JL, Patel AS, Schindel DT J. Pediatr. Surg. 2018 Oct
- Hypercoagulation and Pediatric Inflammatory Bowel Disease- A Case Report.
- Ruan W, Shamoun M, Schindel D, Patel AS J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2017 Dec
- Prognostic significance of an antenatal magnetic resonance imaging staging system on airway outcomes of fetal craniofacial venolymphatic malformations.
- Schindel DT, Twickler D, Frost N, Walsh D, Santiago-Munoz P, Johnson R J. Surg. Res. 2017 May
- A definition of gentle ventilation in congenital diaphragmatic hernia: a survey of neonatologists and pediatric surgeons.
- Farkouh-Karoleski C, Najaf T, Wynn J, Aspelund G, Chung WK, Stolar CJ, Mychaliska GB, Warner BW, Wagner AJ, Cusick RA, Lim FY, Schindel DT, Potoka D, Azarow K, Cotten CM, Hesketh A, Soffer S, Crombleholme T, Needelman H J Perinat Med 2017 Jan
- Inguinal Hernia in a Preterm Neonate Complicated by Strangulation and Subcutaneous Hernia Sac Rupture.
- Naiditch JA, Schindel DT Pediatr Neonatol 2016 Aug
- Abnormal Fetal Cystic Left Neck Mass.
- Jiang ZY, Wood J, Schindel D, Berg E, JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2014 Jun 140 6 573-4
- A novel ALK rearrangement in an inflammatory myofibroblastic tumor in a neonate.
- Owusu-Brackett N, Johnson R, Schindel DT, Koduru P, Cope-Yokoyama S Cancer Genet 2013 Sep-Oct 206 9-10 353-6
- Gracilis transposition flap for repair of an acquired rectovaginal fistula in a pediatric patient.
- Piper HG, Trussler A, Schindel D J. Pediatr. Surg. 2011 Aug 46 8 e37-41
- Experience performing 64 consecutive stapled intestinal anastomoses in small children and infants.
- Mitchell IC, Barber R, Fischer AC, Schindel DT J. Pediatr. Surg. 2011 Jan 46 1 128-30
Honors & Awards
- Leonard Ensminger Award for Best Trauma Paper/Presentation
Indiana Chapter of the American College of Surgeons (1993)
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Surgical Section Fellow
- American College of Surgeons - Associate Fellow
- American Pediatric Surgical Association
- Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons