David Schindel did his General Surgery Residency at Indiana University School of Medicine: 1992-1998. He did his Pediatric Surgical Fellowship at St Christopher’s Hospital for Children Philadelphia 1998-2000. He is attending Pediatric Surgeon at Children’s Medical Center of Dallas and an Assistant Professor. His interests include Congenital Surgery, Pediatric Oncology Surgical, and Minimally Invasive Surgical Approaches.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (1992)
- Indiana University Medical Center (1998), General Surgery
- Tenet Healthcare Corporation, Headquarters Office /St. Christopher's Hospital for Children (2000), Pediatric Surgery
- Establishment of a multidisciplinary fetal center streamlines approach for congenital lung malformations.
- Reyna JC, Zagory JA, Yallapragada S, Santiago-Munoz P, Schindel DT, J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 2020 Aug 1-6
- Impact of Additional Anomalies on Postnatal Outcomes in Congenital Lung Malformations.
- Reyna JC, Zagory JA, Yallapragada S, Santiago-Munoz P, Schindel DT, J Surg Res 2020 Aug 256 611-617
- Likely damaging de novo variants in congenital diaphragmatic hernia patients are associated with worse clinical outcomes.
- Qiao L, Wynn J, Yu L, Hernan R, Zhou X, Duron V, Aspelund G, Farkouh-Karoleski C, Zygumunt A, Krishnan US, Nees S, Khlevner J, Lim FY, Crombleholme T, Cusick R, Azarow K, Danko ME, Chung D, Warner BW, Mychaliska GB, Potoka D, Wagner AJ, Soffer S, Schindel D, McCulley DJ, Shen Y, Chung WK, Genet Med 2020 Jul
- Physician-Estimated Depth as a Screening Tool for Computed Tomography Evaluation of Pectus Excavatum.
- Jacobson J, Postma H, Mokdad A, Qureshi F, Alder A, Hicks B, Schindel D, Pandya S, J Surg Res 2020 May
- Air Guns: A Contemporary Review of Injuries at Six Pediatric Level I Trauma Centers.
- Apelt N, Greenwell C, Tweed J, Notrica DM, Maxson RT, Garcia NM, Lawson K, Eubanks JW, Letton RW, Schindel D, J Surg Res 2020 04 248 1-6
- The in-utero diagnosis of choledochal cyst: can postnatal imaging predict benefit from early surgical intervention?
- Cochran ED, Lazow SP, Kim AG, Burkhalter LS, Frost NW, Stitelman D, Davis J, Santiago-Munoz P, Buchmiller TL, Perrone EE, Schindel DT, J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 2020 Mar 1-5
- Comparative outcomes of right versus left congenital diaphragmatic hernia: A multicenter analysis.
- Abramov A, Fan W, Hernan R, Zenilman AL, Wynn J, Aspelund G, Khlevner J, Krishnan U, Lim FY, Mychaliska GB, Warner BW, Cusick R, Crombleholme T, Chung D, Danko ME, Wagner AJ, Azarow K, Schindel D, Potoka D, Soffer S, Fisher J, McCulley D, Farkouh-Karoleski C, Chung WK, Duron V, J Pediatr Surg 2020 Jan 55 1 33-38
- Role of Nerve and Muscle Biopsies in Pediatric Patients in the Era of Genetic Testing.
- Yang K, Iannaccone S, Burkhalter LS, Reisch J, Cai C, Schindel D, J Surg Res 2019 11 243 27-32
- Does Age Affect Surgical Outcomes After Ileal pouch-Anal Anastomosis in Children?
- Bismar N, Patel AS, Schindel DT J. Surg. Res. 2019 Jan 237 61-66
- Fetal Head and Neck Masses: MRI Prediction of Significant Morbidity.
- Ng TW, Xi Y, Schindel D, Beavers A, Santiago-Munoz P, Bailey AA, Twickler DM AJR Am J Roentgenol 2019 Jan 212 1 215-221
Honors & Awards
- Leonard Ensminger Award for Best Trauma Paper/Presentation
Indiana Chapter of the American College of Surgeons (1993)
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Surgical Section Fellow
- American College of Surgeons - Associate Fellow
- American Pediatric Surgical Association
- Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons