Dr. Alcalen joined the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at UT Southwestern in 2011 after spending several years in private practice in North Richland Hills, Texas. She received her medical degree from the University of Texas Medical School at Houston in 1999 and then completed a residency in obstetrics and gynecology at Parkland Memorial Hospital and UT Southwestern in 2003. During her senior year, she was Chief Resident.
Dr. Alcalen is board certified in obstetrics and gynecology. Her clinical practice is in the Parkland Health and Hospital System where she also oversees and teaches medical students and residents.
- Medical School
- UT Health Science Center at Houston (1999)
- LSU Health Sciences Center (2003), Obstetrics & Gynecology
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- North Texas Association of Philippine Physicians
- Texas Medical Association