Benjamin Chen, Ph.D.
Department Radiation Oncology
Graduate Programs Cancer Biology
- National Taiwan University , Entomology
- Graduate School
- Ohio State Uni-All Campuses (1996), Biochemistry
- Genomic Instability and Cancer Development
- Radiation Biology and DNA Damage Repair
- Tissue Stem Cell
- Spontaneous tumor development in bone marrow-rescued DNA-PKcs(3A/3A) mice due to dysfunction of telomere leading strand deprotection.
- Zhang S, Matsunaga S, Lin YF, Sishc B, Shang Z, Sui J, Shih HY, Zhao Y, Foreman O, Story MD, Chen DJ, Chen BP Oncogene 2015 Nov
- DNA-PKcs phosphorylates hnRNP-A1 to facilitate the RPA-to-POT1 switch and telomere capping after replication.
- Sui J, Lin YF, Xu K, Lee KJ, Wang D, Chen BP Nucleic Acids Res. 2015 Jul 43 12 5971-83
- The Catalytic Subunit of DNA-Dependent Protein Kinase Coordinates with Polo-Like Kinase 1 to Facilitate Mitotic Entry.
- Lee KJ, Shang ZF, Lin YF, Sun J, Morotomi-Yano K, Saha D, Chen BP Neoplasia 2015 Apr 17 4 329-38
- DNA-PKcs is required to maintain stability of Chk1 and Claspin for optimal replication stress response.
- Lin YF, Shih HY, Shang Z, Matsunaga S, Chen BP Nucleic Acids Res. 2014 Feb
- DNA-PKcs activates the Chk2-Brca1 pathway during mitosis to ensure chromosomal stability.
- Shang Z, Yu L, Lin YF, Matsunaga S, Shen CY, Chen BP Oncogenesis 2014 3 e85
- Role of DNA-dependent protein kinase catalytic subunit in cancer development and treatment.
- Hsu FM, Zhang S, Chen BP Transl Cancer Res 2012 Jun 1 1 22-34
- Involvement of DNA-dependent protein kinase in normal cell cycle progression through mitosis.
- Lee KJ, Lin YF, Chou HY, Yajima H, Fattah KR, Lee SC, Chen BP J. Biol. Chem. 2011 Apr 286 14 12796-802
- Congenital bone marrow failure in DNA-PKcs mutant mice associated with deficiencies in DNA repair.
- Zhang S, Yajima H, Huynh H, Zheng J, Callen E, Chen HT, Wong N, Bunting S, Lin YF, Li M, Lee KJ, Story M, Gapud E, Sleckman BP, Nussenzweig A, Zhang CC, Chen DJ, Chen BP J. Cell Biol. 2011 Apr 193 2 295-305
- ATR-dependent phosphorylation of DNA-dependent protein kinase catalytic subunit in response to UV-induced replication stress.
- Yajima H, Lee KJ, Chen BP Mol. Cell. Biol. 2006 Oct 26 20 7520-8
- PIDD mediates the association of DNA-PKcs and ATR at stalled replication forks to facilitate the ATR signaling pathway.
- Lin YF, Shih HY, Shang ZF, Kuo CT, Guo J, Du C, Lee H, Chen BPC Nucleic Acids Res. 2018 Jan
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Radiation Research Society
- Society for Chinese Bioscientists in America