Michael Story, Ph.D.
Vice Chair, Radiation Biology Research
Endowed Title David A. Pistenmaa, M.D., Ph.D. Distinguished Chair in Radiation Oncology
Department Radiation Oncology
Graduate Programs Cancer Biology
- Colorado State University , Biochemistry
- Graduate School
- Colorado State University (1989)
- Biomarkers of radiotherapeutic response in head and neck cancer
- Carcinogenic risk from charged particle exposures in space
- Charged particle radiotherapy
- Combined modality radiotherapy via radioprotecting and radiosensitizing compounds
- Intrinsic radiosensitivity
- Orthologs of human circulating miRNAs associated with hepatocellular carcinoma are elevated in mouse plasma months before tumour detection.
- Ding LH, Fallgren CM, Yu Y, McCarthy M, Edmondson EF, Ullrich RL, Weil MM, Story MD, Sci Rep 2022 Jun 12 1 10927
- Evaluation of the Response of HNSCC Cell Lines to ?-Rays and 12C Ions: Can Radioresistant Tumors Be Identified and Selected for 12C Ion Radiotherapy?
- Ding L, Sishc BJ, Polsdofer E, Yordy JS, Facoetti A, Ciocca M, Saha D, Pompos A, Davis AJ, Story MD, Front Oncol 2022 12 812961
- Dimensionality-Dependent Mechanical Stretch Regulation of Cell Behavior
- Man K, Liu J, Phan KM, Wang K, Lee JY, Sun X, Story M, Saha D, Liao J, Sadat H, Yang Y ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 2022
- Facile and direct detection of human papillomavirus (HPV) DNA in cells using loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP).
- Vo DT, Story MD, Mol Cell Probes 2021 Aug 101760
- Transcriptomic analysis links hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) in HZE ion irradiated mice to a human HCC subtype with favorable outcomes
- Ding LH, Yu Y, Edmondson E, Weil M, Pop L, McCarthy M, Ullrich R, Story MD Sci Rep 2021 11 14052
- Avasopasem manganese synergizes with hypofractionated radiation to ablate tumors through the generation of hydrogen peroxide
- Sishc B, Ding L, Nam TK, Heer C, Rodman S, Schoenfeld J, Fath M, Saha D, Pulliam C, Langen B, Beardsley R, Riley D, Keene J, Spitz D, Story MD Sci Trans Med 2021 13 593 eabb3768
- Associations between lipids in selected brain regions, plasma miRNA, and behavioral and cognitive measures following 28Si ion irradiation
- Minnier J, Emmett MR, Perez R, Ding LH, Barnette BL, Larios RE, Hong C, Hwang TH, Yu Y, Fallgren CM, Story MD, Weil MM, Raber J Sci. Rep. 2021 11 14899
- The Long and Short of It: The Emerging Roles of Non-Coding RNA in Small Extracellular Vesicles.
- Abramowicz A, Story MD, Cancers (Basel) 2020 Jun 12 6
- Tumor treating fields cause replication stress and interfere with DNA replication fork maintenance: Implications for cancer therapy.
- Karanam NK, Ding L, Aroumougame A, Story MD, Transl Res 2019 Oct
- miR-125a-5p Functions as Tumor Suppressor microRNA And Is a Marker of Locoregional Recurrence And Poor prognosis in Head And Neck Cancer.
- Vo DT, Karanam NK, Ding L, Saha D, Yordy JS, Giri U, Heymach JV, Story MD, Neoplasia 2019 Jul 21 9 849-862
- American Association of Cancer Research (1998)
- American Society of Therapeutic Radiation Oncology (2005)
- Particle Therapy Cooperative Group (2015)
- Radiation Research Society (1988)