Dr. Barnett is from Cincinnati, Ohio, and completed his neurosurgery residency at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He completed a fellowship in Skull Base and Cerebrovascular neurosurgery at the University of South Florida with Dr. Harry R van Loveren and recently served as Assistant Professor and Director of Cerebrovascular Neurosurgery at the University of Mississippi Medical Center. Dr. Barnett was recruited to the faculty at UT Southwestern for his expertise in skull base surgery and is currently the co-director of the UT Southwestern Comprehensvie Skull Base Program.
- Medical School
- University of Cincinnati College of Medicine (1999)
- Parkland Health and Hospital System (2000), General Surgery
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2005), Neurological Surgery
- University of So. Florida-Tampa (2006), Neurological Surgery
- Coagulopathies in the neurosurgery patient
- Genetics of cerebrovascular disease
- Surgical approaches to skull based tumors
- Intradural Clinoidectomy and Post-Operative Headache in Patients Undergoing Aneurysm Surgery
- Barnett SL, Whittemore B, Thomas J, Samson D Neurosurgery October 2010 67 906-910
- Symptomatic Brainstem Cavernomas
- Hauck EF, Barnett SL, White JA. Samson D Neurosurgery January 2009 64 61-71
- Petroclival and Upper Clival Meningiomas III: Combined Anterior and Posterior Approach
- Barnett SL, D?Ambrosio AL, Agazzi S, van Loveren HR Meningiomas: Diagnosis, Treatment and Outcome 2008 425-432
- Endoscopic skull base surgery practice patterns: survey of the North American Skull Base Society.
- Batra PS, Lee J, Barnett SL, Senior BA, Setzen M, Kraus DH Int Forum Allergy Rhinol 2013 Feb
- Sinonasal teratocarcinosarcoma with intracranial extension: case report and literature review.
- Wassef SN, Kapur P, Barnett SL, Myers LL Ear Nose Throat J 2012 Dec 91 12 536-9
- Hearing preservation using the middle fossa approach for the treatment of vestibular schwannoma.
- Kutz JW, Scoresby T, Isaacson B, Mickey BE, Madden CJ, Barnett SL, Coimbra C, Hynan LS, Roland PS Neurosurgery 2012 Feb 70 2 334-40; discussion 340-1
- Skull base inverted papilloma: a comprehensive review.
- Wassef SN, Batra PS, Barnett S ISRN Surg 2012 2012 175903
- Perineural extension of cutaneous desmoplastic melanoma mimicking an intracranial malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumor.
- Barnett SL, Wells MJ, Mickey B, Hatanpaa KJ Journal of neurosurgery 2011 Aug 115 2 273-7
- Utility of novel 3-dimensional stereoscopic vision system for endoscopic sinonasal and skull-base surgery.
- Manes RP, Barnett S, Batra PS Int Forum Allergy Rhinol 2011 May-Jun 1 3 191-7
- Coagulation factor levels in neurosurgical patients with mild prolongation of prothrombin time: effect on plasma transfusion therapy.
- Matevosyan K, Madden C, Barnett SL, Beshay JE, Rutherford C, Sarode R J. Neurosurg. 2011 Jan 114 1 3-7
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons