Dr. Michele J. Alkalay is a graduate of the University of Oklahoma and the Sackler School of Medicine. She completed her internship and residency in Pediatrics and her fellowship in Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition at UT Southwestern and the Children's Medical Center of Dallas. She is board certified in pediatrics and pediatric gastroenterology. Dr. Alkalay's clinical interests include celiac disease, inflammatory bowel disease, gastroesophageal reflux disease, eosinophilic esophagitis, chronic abdominal pain, including irritable bowel syndrome, constipation and encopresis.
After fellowship, Dr. Alkalay practiced in New York and received recognition as a top physician in the Brewster area, acquiring the certificate of a Leading Physician of the World & Top Health Care Professional from the Internal Association of HealthCare Professionals, published in The World Wide Leaders in Health Care, named Cambridge Who's Who Doctors of America, and receiving top patient satisfaction in patient AMGA surveys.
She is the founder and director of the Celiac Program at Children's Health Plano. Dr. Alkalay has received recognition in the Texas Super Doctors Rising Stars.
- University of Oklahoma (1998)
- Medical School
- Sackler School of Medicine (2003)
- UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2006), Pediatrics
- UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2009), Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Celiac diseases
- Conformationally restricted analogs of BD1008 and an antisense oligodeoxynucleotide targeting sigma1 receptors produce anti-cocaine effects in mice.
- Matsumoto RR, McCracken KA, Friedman MJ, Pouw B, De Costa BR, Bowen WD Eur. J. Pharmacol. 2001 May 419 2-3 163-74
Honors & Awards
- Who's Who America
- Texas Rising Stars
Texas Monthly Magazine (2016)
- Cambridge Who's Who Doctors of America
Worldwide Who's Who (2011-2012)
- Leading Physician of the World & Top Health Care Professional
The International Association of Health Care Professionals (2011-2012)
- The World Wide Leaders in Healthcare
Published in 2011-2012 edition (2011)
- American Medical Association (2012)
- Dallas County Medical Society (2012)
- Texas Medical Association (2012)
- Crohn's and Colits Foundation of America (2009)
- North American Society of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (2006)