Dr. Rinarani Sanghavi trained in medicine in India; and completed a pediatrics residency in New York with a pediatric gastroenterology fellowship at UT Southwestern. She has gained experience in motility disorders by working with prominent experts in the field across the country. Her center treats children with motility issues; severe constipation, anorectal malformations and bowel management programs. Her team performs the entire spectrum of motility testing such as esophageal, antroduodenal, colonic/anorectal manometry testing, some in high resolution and 3D, and impedance testing. Dr. Sanghavi is part of the multi-disciplinary chronic abdominal pain clinic and the aerodigestive clinic, one of the few centers in the country with the ability to diagnose and treat the full range of GI motility issues in children. She is also involved in one of only a handful of pediatric motility labs on the registry of labs by the ANMS. Being a mother herself, she understands the importance of compassion along with appropriate treatment for children.
- Seth G.S. Medical College and K.E.M. Hospital (1999), Pediatrics
- Medical School
- Seth G.S. Medical College (2000)
- SUNY Downstate Medical Center (2004), Pediatrics
- UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2007), Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Bowel management
- Chronic abdominal pain
- Pediatric anorectal malformations
- Pediatric GI motility disorders
- Single Balloon-assisted Colonoscopy for Placement of Colonic Manometry Catheters: Initial Experience in Children.
- Sanghavi RM, Medina-Centeno R, Barth B J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2018 Mar
- Empirically Derived Patterns of Pain, Stooling, and Incontinence and Their Relations to Health-Related Quality of Life Among Youth With Chronic Constipation.
- Klages KL, Berlin KS, Silverman AH, Mugie S, Di Lorenzo C, Nurko S, Ponnambalam A, Sanghavi R, Sood MR J Pediatr Psychol 2016 Jul
- Measuring Health-Related Quality of Life With the Parental Opinions of Pediatric Constipation Questionnaire.
- Silverman AH, Berlin KS, Di Lorenzo C, Nurko S, Kamody RC, Ponnambalam A, Mugie S, Gorges C, Sanghavi R, Sood MR J Pediatr Psychol 2015 Sep 40 8 814-24
- A multicenter study on childhood constipation and fecal incontinence: effects on quality of life.
- Kovacic K, Sood MR, Mugie S, Di Lorenzo C, Nurko S, Heinz N, Ponnambalam A, Beesley C, Sanghavi R, Silverman AH J. Pediatr. 2015 Jun 166 6 1482-7.e1
- Assessment of laryngopharyngeal sensation in children with dysphagia.
- Ulualp S, Brown A, Sanghavi R, Rivera-Sanchez Y Laryngoscope 2013 Apr
- Post-transplant lymphoproliferative disorder resembling Wilms tumor. Diagnostic dilemma: Renal biopsy or nephrectomy?
- Cheng E, Fustino N, Klesse L, Chinnakotla S, Sanghavi R Pediatr Transplant 2010 Jul
- Characteristics of catheter-related bloodstream infections in children with intestinal failure: implications for clinical management.
- Drews BB, Sanghavi R, Siegel JD, Metcalf P, Mittal NK Gastroenterol Nurs 2009 Nov-Dec 32 6 385-90; quiz 391-2
State of the Art of the Diagnosis and Management of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease. In Ulualp S, ed. Synopsis of Current General Pediatrics Practice.
Medina-Centeno R, Sanghavi R. (2017). Bentham Science; 217-230.
Esophageal Dysphagia. In Pediatric Dysphagia; Challenges and Controversies, Ongkasuwan J, Chiou EH, eds.
Sanghavi R, Rosen R (2018). Springer International Publishing; 215-238
Honors & Awards
- Most Influential Women in Neurogastroenterology, Texas
Global Health and Pharma (2017-2017)
- Mom Approved Doctor
DFW/North Texas Child Magazine (2016)
- Best Doctors in Dallas
DFW/North Texas Child Magazine (2012)
- Takeda travel Grant award
Award to further knowledge in motility (2008)
- Takeda Travel Award for Motility Training
- Outstanding resident award
Best resident from a class of 30+, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY (2004)
- Member, Texas Medical Association (2012)
- Member, American Medical Association (2006-2011)
- Member, American Neurogastroenterology and Motility Society (2006)
- Member, North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (2004)
- Fellow, American Academy of Pediatrics (F.A.A.P.) (2001)