Chuo Chen, born in Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C., received his BS degree at National Taiwan University in 1995. Following the completion of his doctoral studies in 2001 at Harvard University under the direction of Prof. Matthew D. Shair, he worked as a HHMI postdoctoral research fellow under the guidance of Prof. Stuart L. Schreiber at Harvard.
Dr. Chen joined the faculty at UT Southwestern in 2004 as a Southwestern Medical Foundation Scholar in Biomedical Research, and became Associate Professor in 2010. His research focuses on synthetic chemistry, chemical biology and drug development.
- National Taiwan University , Chemistry
- Graduate School
- Harvard University (2001), Chemistry
- chemical biology
- synthetic chemistry
- Synthesis and structure revision of nakiterpiosin.
- Gao S, Wang Q, Chen C J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2009 Feb 131 4 1410-2
- Palladium-catalyzed direct functionalization of imidazolinone: synthesis of dibromophakellstatin.
- Lu J, Tan X, Chen C J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2007 Jun 129 25 7768-9
- Regiocontrol in Mn(III)-mediated oxidative heterobicyclizations: access to the core skeletons of oroidin dimers.
- Tan X, Chen C Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. Engl. 2006 Jun 45 26 4345-8
Honors & Awards
- Southwestern Medical Foundation Scholar in Biomedical Research