Chuo Chen, born in Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C., received his BS degree at National Taiwan University in 1995. Following the completion of his doctoral studies in 2001 at Harvard University under the direction of Prof. Matthew D. Shair, he worked as a HHMI postdoctoral research fellow under the guidance of Prof. Stuart L. Schreiber at Harvard.
Dr. Chen joined the faculty at UT Southwestern in 2004 as a Southwestern Medical Foundation Scholar in Biomedical Research, and became Associate Professor in 2010. His research focuses on synthetic chemistry, chemical biology and drug development.
- National Taiwan University , Chemistry
- Graduate School
- Harvard University (2001), Chemistry
- chemical biology
- synthetic chemistry
- Visible light-promoted metal-free C-H activation: diarylketone-catalyzed selective benzylic mono- and difluorination.
- Xia JB, Zhu C, Chen C J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2013 Nov 135 46 17494-500
- Cyclic GMP-AMP containing mixed phosphodiester linkages is an endogenous high-affinity ligand for STING.
- Zhang X, Shi H, Wu J, Zhang X, Sun L, Chen C, Chen ZJ Mol. Cell 2013 Jul 51 2 226-35
- The development of highly potent inhibitors for porcupine.
- Wang X, Moon J, Dodge ME, Pan X, Zhang L, Hanson JM, Tuladhar R, Ma Z, Shi H, Williams NS, Amatruda JF, Carroll TJ, Lum L, Chen C J. Med. Chem. 2013 Mar 56 6 2700-4
- Cyclic GMP-AMP is an endogenous second messenger in innate immune signaling by cytosolic DNA.
- Wu J, Sun L, Chen X, Du F, Shi H, Chen C, Chen ZJ Science 2013 Feb 339 6121 826-30
- A biomimetic route for construction of the [4+2] and [3+2] core skeletons of dimeric pyrrole-imidazole alkaloids and asymmetric synthesis of ageliferins.
- Wang X, Wang X, Tan X, Lu J, Cormier KW, Ma Z, Chen C J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2012 Nov 134 45 18834-42
- Diverse Chemical Scaffolds Support Direct Inhibition of the Membrane-bound O-Acyltransferase Porcupine.
- Dodge ME, Moon J, Tuladhar R, Lu J, Jacob LS, Zhang LS, Shi H, Wang X, Moro E, Mongera A, Argenton F, Karner CM, Carroll TJ, Chen C, Amatruda JF, Lum L J. Biol. Chem. 2012 Jun 287 27 23246-54
- A Highly Selective Vanadium Catalyst for Benzylic C-H Oxidation.
- Xia JB, Cormier KW, Chen C Chem Sci 2012 Jan 3 7 2240-2245
- Asymmetric synthesis of ageliferin.
- Wang X, Ma Z, Lu J, Tan X, Chen C J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011 Oct 133 39 15350-3
- Chemical and biological studies of nakiterpiosin and nakiterpiosinone.
- Gao S, Wang Q, Huang LJ, Lum L, Chen C J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2010 Jan 132 1 371-83
- Small molecule-mediated disruption of Wnt-dependent signaling in tissue regeneration and cancer.
- Chen B, Dodge ME, Tang W, Lu J, Ma Z, Fan CW, Wei S, Hao W, Kilgore J, Williams NS, Roth MG, Amatruda JF, Chen C, Lum L Nat. Chem. Biol. 2009 Feb 5 2 100-7
Honors & Awards
- Southwestern Medical Foundation Scholar in Biomedical Research