Chuo Chen, born in Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C., received his BS degree at National Taiwan University in 1995. Following the completion of his doctoral studies in 2001 at Harvard University under the direction of Prof. Matthew D. Shair, he worked as a HHMI postdoctoral research fellow under the guidance of Prof. Stuart L. Schreiber at Harvard.
Dr. Chen joined the faculty at UT Southwestern in 2004 as a Southwestern Medical Foundation Scholar in Biomedical Research, and became Associate Professor in 2010. The focus of his research program is the synthesis of natural products and Hh/Wnt inhibitors.
- National Taiwan University , Chemistry
- Graduate School
- Harvard University (2001), Chemistry
- chemical biology
- natural product synthesis
- synthetic methodology development
- Identification and characterization of ß-sitosterol target proteins.
- Lomenick B, Shi H, Huang J, Chen C Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett. 2015 Mar
- The Hedgehog pathway effector smoothened exhibits signaling competency in the absence of ciliary accumulation.
- Fan CW, Chen B, Franco I, Lu J, Shi H, Wei S, Wang C, Wu X, Tang W, Roth MG, Williams NS, Hirsch E, Chen C, Lum L Chem. Biol. 2014 Dec 21 12 1680-9
- Visible light-promoted metal-free C-H activation: diarylketone-catalyzed selective benzylic mono- and difluorination.
- Xia JB, Zhu C, Chen C J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2013 Nov 135 46 17494-500
- Cyclic GMP-AMP containing mixed phosphodiester linkages is an endogenous high-affinity ligand for STING.
- Zhang X, Shi H, Wu J, Zhang X, Sun L, Chen C, Chen ZJ Mol. Cell 2013 Jul 51 2 226-35
- A Highly Selective Vanadium Catalyst for Benzylic C-H Oxidation.
- Xia JB, Cormier KW, Chen C Chem Sci 2012 Jan 3 7 2240-2245
- Asymmetric synthesis of ageliferin.
- Wang X, Ma Z, Lu J, Tan X, Chen C J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011 Oct 133 39 15350-3
- Chemical and biological studies of nakiterpiosin and nakiterpiosinone.
- Gao S, Wang Q, Huang LJ, Lum L, Chen C J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2010 Jan 132 1 371-83
- Small molecule-mediated disruption of Wnt-dependent signaling in tissue regeneration and cancer.
- Chen B, Dodge ME, Tang W, Lu J, Ma Z, Fan CW, Wei S, Hao W, Kilgore J, Williams NS, Roth MG, Amatruda JF, Chen C, Lum L Nat. Chem. Biol. 2009 Feb 5 2 100-7
- Synthesis and structure revision of nakiterpiosin.
- Gao S, Wang Q, Chen C J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2009 Feb 131 4 1410-2
- Palladium-catalyzed direct functionalization of imidazolinone: synthesis of dibromophakellstatin.
- Lu J, Tan X, Chen C J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2007 Jun 129 25 7768-9
Honors & Awards
- Southwestern Medical Foundation Scholar in Biomedical Research