Chuo Chen, born in Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C., received his BS degree at National Taiwan University in 1995. Following the completion of his doctoral studies in 2001 at Harvard University under the direction of Prof. Matthew D. Shair, he worked as a HHMI postdoctoral research fellow under the guidance of Prof. Stuart L. Schreiber at Harvard.
Dr. Chen joined the faculty at UT Southwestern in 2004 as a Southwestern Medical Foundation Scholar in Biomedical Research, and became Associate Professor in 2010. His research focuses on synthetic chemistry, chemical biology and drug development.
- National Taiwan University , Chemistry
- Graduate School
- Harvard University (2001), Chemistry
- chemical biology
- synthetic chemistry
- Uncoupling of PARP1 trapping and inhibition using selective PARP1 degradation.
- Wang S, Han L, Han J, Li P, Ding Q, Zhang QJ, Liu ZP, Chen C, Yu Y, Nat. Chem. Biol. 2019 Oct
- Stereoselective fatty acylation is essential for the release of lipidated WNT proteins from the acyltransferase Porcupine (PORCN).
- Tuladhar R, Yarravarapu N, Ma Y, Zhang C, Herbert J, Kim J, Chen C, Lum L J. Biol. Chem. 2019 Feb
- cGAS is essential for the antitumor effect of immune checkpoint blockade.
- Wang H, Hu S, Chen X, Shi H, Chen C, Sun L, Chen ZJ Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2017 Jan
- Development of a triazole class of highly potent Porcn inhibitors.
- You L, Zhang C, Yarravarapu N, Morlock L, Wang X, Zhang L, Williams NS, Lum L, Chen C Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett. 2016 Dec 26 24 5891-5895
- Asymmetric Synthesis of Axinellamines A and B.
- Ma Z, Wang X, Ma Y, Chen C Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. Engl. 2016 Apr 55 15 4763-6
- Syntheses of Sceptrins and Nakamuric Acid and Insights into the Biosyntheses of Pyrrole-Imidazole Dimers.
- Wang X, Gao Y, Ma Z, Rodriguez RA, Yu ZX, Chen C Org Chem Front 2015 Aug 2 8 978-984
- Molecular basis for the specific recognition of the metazoan cyclic GMP-AMP by the innate immune adaptor protein STING.
- Shi H, Wu J, Chen ZJ, Chen C Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2015 Jul 112 29 8947-52
- Asymmetric syntheses of sceptrin and massadine and evidence for biosynthetic enantiodivergence.
- Ma Z, Wang X, Wang X, Rodriguez RA, Moore CE, Gao S, Tan X, Ma Y, Rheingold AL, Baran PS, Chen C Science 2014 Oct 346 6206 219-24
- Visible light-promoted metal-free sp(3)-C-H fluorination.
- Xia JB, Zhu C, Chen C Chem. Commun. (Camb.) 2014 Aug
- Vanadium-Catalyzed C(sp(3))-H Fluorination Reactions.
- Xia JB, Ma Y, Chen C Org Chem Front 2014 Jul 1 5 468-472
Honors & Awards
- Southwestern Medical Foundation Scholar in Biomedical Research