- Medical School
- Delhi University/Maulana Azad Medical College (1991)
- Georgetown University School of Medicine (2001), Psychiatry
- National Institute of Health (2004), Neuropathology
- Our research focus pertains to understanding the neurobiology of psychotic illnesses. With our collaborators, we use a translational approach including mouse models, human post mortem brain tissue and human clinical and imaging approaches to determine the influence of genetic and environmental stressors on brain development, structure and function.
- Cannabis and development of dual diagnoses: A literature review.
- Hanna RC, Perez JM, Ghose S Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 2016 Sep 1-14
- COMT val158met polymorphism and molecular alterations in the human dorsolateral prefrontal cortex: Differences in controls and in schizophrenia.
- Shukla AA, Jha M, Birchfield T, Mukherjee S, Gleason K, Abdisalaam S, Asaithamby A, Adams-Huet B, Tamminga CA, Ghose S Schizophr. Res. 2016 Mar
- Cognitive Function in Individuals With Psychosis: Moderation by Adolescent Cannabis Use.
- Hanna RC, Shalvoy A, Cullum CM, Ivleva EI, Keshavan M, Pearlson G, Hill SK, Sweeney JA, Tamminga CA, Ghose S Schizophr Bull 2016 Mar
- Substance-Induced Psychosis: An Indicator of Development of Primary Psychosis?
- Ghose S Am J Psychiatry 2018 Apr 175 4 303-304
- Evaluating psychiatric readmissions in the emergency department of a large public hospital.
- Morris DW, Ghose S, Williams E, Brown K, Khan F Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat 2018 14 671-679
- Susceptibility of the adolescent brain to cannabinoids: long-term hippocampal effects and relevance to schizophrenia.
- Gleason KA, Birnbaum SG, Shukla A, Ghose S Transl Psychiatry 2012 2 e199
- Measurement of N-acetylaspartylglutamate in the human frontal brain by 1H-MRS at 7 T.
- Choi C, Ghose S, Uh J, Patel A, Dimitrov IE, Lu H, Douglas D, Ganji S Magn Reson Med 2010 Nov 64 5 1247-51
- In vivo detection of serine in the human brain by proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy (1H-MRS) at 7 Tesla.
- Choi C, Dimitrov I, Douglas D, Zhao C, Hawesa H, Ghose S, Tamminga CA Magn Reson Med 2009 Oct 62 4 1042-6
- Differential expression of metabotropic glutamate receptors 2 and 3 in schizophrenia: a mechanism for antipsychotic drug action?
- Ghose S, Gleason KA, Potts BW, Lewis-Amezcua K, Tamminga CA Am J Psychiatry 2009 Jul 166 7 812-20
- Localization of NAAG-related gene expression deficits to the anterior hippocampus in schizophrenia.
- Ghose S, Chin R, Gallegos A, Roberts R, Coyle J, Tamminga C Schizophr. Res. 2009 Jun 111 1-3 131-7
- American College of Neuropsychopharmacology
- Society for Neuroscience