Dr. Kelly earned her medical degree from The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston. She completed her pediatric internship and residency at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences and was chief resident at Arkansas Children's Hospital. Dr. Kelly then completed a fellowship in Academic General Pediatrics at Baylor College of Medicine and earned a Master of Public Health degree at the University of TX Health Science Center, Houston, School of Public Health. She has held faculty positions in the Department of Pediatrics at Baylor College of Medicine, New York Medical College and Stanford University School of Medicine. She is currently Associate Professor of Pediatrics at The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX.
- Poison prevention and utilization of poison control centers, injury prevention, resident and medical student education
- Assessing parental utilization of the poison center: an emergency center-based survey.
- Kelly NR, Kirkland RT, Holmes SE, Ellis MD, Delclos G, Kozinetz CA Clin Pediatr (Phila) 1997 Aug 36 8 467-73
- Child Advocacy in the Twenty-first Century.
- Chamberlain LJ, Kelly N Adv Pediatr 2015 Aug 62 1 91-103
- A randomized controlled trial of a video module to increase U.S. poison center use by low-income parents.
- Kelly NR, Harding JT, Fulton JE, Kozinetz CA Clin Toxicol (Phila) 2014 Jan 52 1 54-62
- Feasibility of delivering influenza vaccine to household contacts of pediatric patients in a residents' continuity clinic.
- Kelly NR, Kromelis MR, Jordan D, Merryman R, Siegel JD Am J Infect Control 2012 Sep 40 7 627-31
- Kelly N Pediatr Rev 2012 Sep 33 9 434-5; discussion 435
- Is syrup of ipecac still for sale? Comparison of pharmacies in a large urban area--2003 versus 2005.
- Kelly NR, Sanchez SH Clin Pediatr (Phila) 2007 May 46 4 320-4
- Transportation barriers to accessing health care for urban children.
- Yang S, Zarr RL, Kass-Hout TA, Kourosh A, Kelly NR J Health Care Poor Underserved 2006 Nov 17 4 928-43
- Effects of a videotape to increase use of poison control centers by low-income and Spanish-speaking families: a randomized, controlled trial.
- Kelly NR, Huffman LC, Mendoza FS, Robinson TN Pediatrics 2003 Jan 111 1 21-6
- Exploring barriers to utilization of poison centers: a qualitative study of mothers attending an urban Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Clinic.
- Kelly NR, Groff JY Pediatrics 2000 Jul 106 1 Pt 2 199-204
- Effectiveness of a poison center: impact on medical facility visits.
- Kelly NR, Ellis MD, Kirkland RT, Holmes SE, Kozinetz CA Vet Hum Toxicol 1997 Feb 39 1 44-8
Honors & Awards
- Nominee for DFW Hospital Council Foundation Physician of the Year
Children's Medical Center, Dallas, TX (2014)
- Educational Innovation Award
UT Southwestern Pediatric Residency Program (2012)
- Fulbright and Jaworski L.L.P. Faculty Excellence Award for Development of Enduring Educational Materials
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX (2005)
- Golden Apple Award for Excellence in Resident Education
Stanford University School of Medicine, Palo Alto, CA (1999)
- Don E. Hill Memorial Award for Excellence in Research
University of Arkansas (1990)
- Texas Pediatric Society (2010)
- Society of Pediatric Research (2003)
- Academic Pediatric Association (1996)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (1990)