Henry Ellis, M.D., provides orthopaedic trauma and pediatric sports medicine coverage at Children’s Medical Center Dallas along with Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children orthopaedic medical staff. Dr. Ellis graduated from the University of Texas at Austin, and received his medical degree from the University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio. He completed both his internship in general surgery and his residency in orthopaedic surgery at The University of Texas Southwestern at Dallas, where he received the W. Brandon Carrell Distinguished Physician Award and was elected Chief Resident.
Dr. Ellis also completed fellowships in sports medicine at Steadman Philippon Research Institute and the Steadman Clinic and pediatric orthopaedics at Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids), University of Toronto.
Dr. Ellis is a candidate member of the American Orthopaedic Society of Sports Medicine, Arthroscopy Association of North America, and American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
- Undergraduate School
- Dell Medical School at the University of Texas at Austin (2000)
- Medical School
- University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (2005)
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2006), General Surgery
- Orthopedic Registrar
- Auckland City Hospital (2009), Trauma & Sports Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2010), Orthopedic Surgery
- Steadman Philippon Research Institute and the Steadman Clinic (2011), Sports Medicine
- Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto (2012), Pediatric Orthopaedics
- ACL Reconstruction in the Skeletally Immature
- Knee and Hip Arthroscopy
- Pediatric Fracture Care
- Pediatric Sports Medicine