Bradley Barth, M.D., M.P.H., graduated from UT Austin and UT Medical School in San Antonio. He completed his internship and residency at the Floating Hospital for Children and Tufts University in 2001, and a fellowship in Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition at Children’s Hospital Boston and Harvard University in 2004.
Dr. Barth’s clinical and research interests include therapeutic endoscopy, ERCP, recurrent and chronic pancreatitis and endoscopic treatment of gastrointestinal bleeding and complex esophageal strictures. He won the North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition Endoscopy Prize on two separate occasions, and is a fellow of the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.
He is presently a Professor in the Department of Pediatrics at UT Southwestern Medical Center and serves as the Director of Endoscopy, the Clinical Director of Pediatric Gastroenterology, and the president of the medical-dental staff at Children’s Health, Children’s Medical Center Dallas.
- Medical School
- The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (1998)
- Tufts Medical Center (1999), Pediatrics
- Tufts Medical Center (2001), Pediatrics
- Children's Hospital of Boston (2004), Pediatric Gi/nutrition
- Acute, Chronic and Recurrent Pancreatitis in Children
- Enteroscopy in Children
- Therapeutic Endoscopy in Children
- Therapeutic Interventions for Complex Childhood Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Disorders
- Problems in physician's classification and reporting of congenital syphilis.
- Yetman RJ, Risser WL, Barth BA, Risser JM, Hwang LY Int J STD AIDS 1998 Dec 9 12 765-8
- INternational Study Group of Pediatric Pancreatitis: In Search for a CuRE Cohort Study: Design and Rationale for INSPPIRE 2 From the Consortium for the Study of Chronic Pancreatitis, Diabetes, and Pancreatic Cancer.
- Uc A, Perito ER, Pohl JF, Shah U, Abu-El-Haija M, Barth B, Bellin MD, Ellery KM, Fishman DS, Gariepy CE, Giefer MJ, Gonska T, Heyman MB, Himes RW, Husain SZ, Maqbool A, Mascarenhas MR, McFerron BA, Morinville VD, Lin TK, Liu QY, Nathan JD, Rhee SJ, Ooi CY, Sellers ZM, Schwarzenberg SJ, Serrano J, Troendle DM, Werlin SL, Wilschanski M, Zheng Y, Yuan Y, Lowe ME Pancreas 2018 Nov/Dec 47 10 1222-1228
Small Intestinal Bleeding. In Pohl J, Jolley C, Gelfond D, eds. Pediatric Gastroenterology: A Color Handbook.
Troendle D, Barth BA. (2014). Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press.
Capsule Endoscopy and Small Bowel Enteroscopy. In Wyllie R, Hyams JS, Kay M, eds. Pediatric Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease. 5th ed.
Barth B, Troendle D. (2016). Philadelphia: Elsevier; 740-747.
Anatomy, Histology, Embryology, and Developmental Anomalies of the Pancreas. In Feldman M, Friedman L, Brandt L, eds. Sleisenger and Fordtran's Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease. 9th ed.
Barth BA, Burdick S. (2010). Philadelphia: Saunders Elsevier.
Honors & Awards
- Best Doctors in America
- Fellow, American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE)
- Best Pediatric Specialists/Doctors in Dallas
D Magazine (2010-2018)
- Endoscopy Prize, NASPGHAN (2006, 2013)
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (2002)
- American Gastroenterology Association (2001)
- North American Society of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition (2001)