Bradley Barth, M.D., M.P.H., graduated from UT Austin and UT Medical School in San Antonio. He completed his internship and residency at the Floating Hospital for Children and Tufts University in 2001, and a fellowship in Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition at Children’s Hospital Boston and Harvard University in 2004.
Dr. Barth’s clinical and research interests include therapeutic endoscopy, ERCP, recurrent and chronic pancreatitis and endoscopic treatment of gastrointestinal bleeding and complex esophageal strictures. He won the North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition Endoscopy Prize on two separate occasions, and is a fellow of the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.
He is presently a Professor in the Department of Pediatrics at UT Southwestern Medical Center and serves as the Director of Endoscopy, the Clinical Director of Pediatric Gastroenterology, and the president of the medical-dental staff at Children’s Health, Children’s Medical Center Dallas.
- Medical School
- The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (1998)
- Tufts Medical Center (1999), Pediatrics
- Tufts Medical Center (2001), Pediatrics
- Children's Hospital of Boston (2004), Pediatric Gi/nutrition
- Acute, Chronic and Recurrent Pancreatitis in Children
- Enteroscopy in Children
- Therapeutic Endoscopy in Children
- Therapeutic Interventions for Complex Childhood Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Disorders
- Sphincter of Oddi manometry.
- Pfau PR, Banerjee S, Barth BA, Desilets DJ, Kaul V, Kethu SR, Pedrosa MC, Pleskow DK, Tokar J, Varadarajulu S, Wang A, Song LM, Rodriguez SA Gastrointest. Endosc. 2011 Dec 74 6 1175-80
- Drug-eluting/biodegradable stents.
- Tokar JL, Banerjee S, Barth BA, Desilets DJ, Kaul V, Kethi SR, Pedrosa MC, Pfau PR, Pleskow DK, Varadarajulu S, Wang A, Song LM, Rodriguez SA Gastrointest. Endosc. 2011 Nov 74 5 954-8
- Enteroscopy in children.
- Barth BA Curr. Opin. Pediatr. 2011 Oct 23 5 530-4
- Enteral stents.
- Varadarajulu S, Banerjee S, Barth B, Desilets D, Kaul V, Kethu S, Pedrosa M, Pfau P, Tokar J, Wang A, Wong Kee Song LM, Rodriguez S Gastrointestinal endoscopy 2011 Jul 455-64
- GI endoscopes.
- Varadarajulu S, Banerjee S, Barth BA, Desilets DJ, Kaul V, Kethu SR, Pedrosa MC, Pfau PR, Tokar JL, Wang A, Wong Kee Song LM, Rodriguez SA Gastrointest. Endosc. 2011 Jul 74 1 1-6.e6
- Efficacy of endoscopic ultrasound-guided drainage of pancreatic pseudocysts in a pediatric population.
- Jazrawi SF, Barth BA, Sreenarasimhaiah J Dig. Dis. Sci. 2011 Mar 56 3 902-8
- Review article: percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy in infants and children.
- Fröhlich T, Richter M, Carbon R, Barth B, Köhler H Aliment. Pharmacol. Ther. 2010 Apr 31 8 788-801
- Anatomy, Histology, Embryology and Developmental Anomalies of the Pancreas
- Barth BA, Burdick S Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease, Eighth Edition 2010 909-919
- Endoscopic placement of the capsule endoscope in children.
- Barth BA, Donovan K, Fox VL Gastrointest. Endosc. 2004 Nov 60 5 818-21
- Wireless capsule endoscopy for gastrointestinal bleeding due to intestinal vascular anomalies
- Barth BA,, Fishman SJ., Fox VL., Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology Nutrition 2003 37 (3) 331-32
Small Intestinal Bleeding. In Pohl J, Jolley C, Gelfond D, eds. Pediatric Gastroenterology: A Color Handbook.
Troendle D, Barth BA. (2014). Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press.
Capsule Endoscopy and Small Bowel Enteroscopy. In Wyllie R, Hyams JS, Kay M, eds. Pediatric Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease. 5th ed.
Barth B, Troendle D. (2016). Philadelphia: Elsevier; 740-747.
Anatomy, Histology, Embryology, and Developmental Anomalies of the Pancreas. In Feldman M, Friedman L, Brandt L, eds. Sleisenger and Fordtran's Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease. 9th ed.
Barth BA, Burdick S. (2010). Philadelphia: Saunders Elsevier.
Honors & Awards
- Best Doctors in America
- Fellow, American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE)
- Best Pediatric Specialists/Doctors in Dallas
D Magazine (2010-2018)
- Endoscopy Prize, NASPGHAN (2006, 2013)
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (2002)
- American Gastroenterology Association (2001)
- North American Society of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition (2001)