Bradley Barth, M.D., M.P.H., graduated from UT Austin and UT Medical School in San Antonio. He completed his internship and residency at the Floating Hospital for Children and Tufts University in 2001, and a fellowship in Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition at Children’s Hospital Boston and Harvard University in 2004.
Dr. Barth’s clinical and research interests include therapeutic endoscopy, ERCP, recurrent and chronic pancreatitis and endoscopic treatment of gastrointestinal bleeding and complex esophageal strictures. He won the North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition Endoscopy Prize on two separate occasions, and is a fellow of the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.
He is presently a Professor in the Department of Pediatrics at UT Southwestern Medical Center and serves as the Director of Endoscopy, the Clinical Director of Pediatric Gastroenterology, and the president of the medical-dental staff at Children’s Health, Children’s Medical Center Dallas.
- Medical School
- The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (1998)
- Tufts Medical Center (1999), Pediatrics
- Tufts Medical Center (2001), Pediatrics
- Children's Hospital of Boston (2004), Pediatric Gi/nutrition
- Acute, Chronic and Recurrent Pancreatitis in Children
- Enteroscopy in Children
- Therapeutic Endoscopy in Children
- Therapeutic Interventions for Complex Childhood Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Disorders
- Pediatric Considerations in Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography.
- Troendle DM, Barth BA Gastrointest. Endosc. Clin. N. Am. 2016 Jan 26 1 119-36
- ERCP can be safely and effectively performed by a pediatric gastroenterologist for choledocholithiasis in a pediatric facility.
- Troendle DM, Barth BA J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2013 Nov 57 5 655-8
- Single-balloon enteroscopy in children: initial experience at a pediatric center.
- Barth BA, Channabasappa N J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2010 Nov 51 5 680-4
- Challenges in pediatric gastroenterology, 2018.
- Barth BA Curr. Opin. Pediatr. 2018 Jul
- Impact of Obesity on Pediatric Acute Recurrent and Chronic Pancreatitis.
- Uc A, Zimmerman MB, Wilschanski M, Werlin SL, Troendle D, Shah U, Schwarzenberg SJ, Rhee S, Pohl JF, Perito ER, Palermo JJ, Ooi CY, Liu Q, Lin TK, Morinville VD, McFerron BA, Husain SZ, Himes R, Heyman MB, Gonska T, Giefer MJ, Gariepy CE, Freedman SD, Fishman DS, Bellin MD, Barth B, Abu-El-Haija M, Lowe ME Pancreas 2018 Jul
- Over the Scope Clips for Treatment of Acute Non-Variceal Gastrointestinal Bleeding in Children is Safe and Effective.
- Tran P, Carroll J, Barth BA, Channabasappa N, Troendle DM J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2018 Jun
- Recommendations for Diagnosis and Management of Autoimmune Pancreatitis in Childhood: Consensus from INSPPIRE.
- Scheers I, Palermo JJ, Freedman S, Wilschanski M, Shah U, Abu-El-Haija M, Barth B, Fishman DS, Gariepy C, Giefer MJ, Heyman MB, Himes RW, Husain SZ, Lin TK, Liu Q, Lowe M, Mascarenhas M, Morinville V, Ooi CY, Perito ER, Piccoli DA, Pohl JF, Schwarzenberg SJ, Troendle D, Werlin S, Zimmerman B, Uc A, Gonska T J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2018 May
- Single Balloon-assisted Colonoscopy for Placement of Colonic Manometry Catheters: Initial Experience in Children.
- Sanghavi RM, Medina-Centeno R, Barth B J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2018 Mar
- Management of Acute Pancreatitis in the Pediatric Population: A Clinical Report From the North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition Pancreas Committee.
- Abu-El-Haija M, Kumar S, Quiros JA, Balakrishnan K, Barth B, Bitton S, Eisses JF, Foglio EJ, Fox V, Francis D, Freeman AJ, Gonska T, Grover AS, Husain SZ, Kumar R, Lapsia S, Lin T, Liu QY, Maqbool A, Sellers ZM, Szabo F, Uc A, Werlin SL, Morinville VD J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2018 Jan 66 1 159-176
- The Management of Acute Pancreatitis in the Pediatric Population: A Clinical Report from the NASPGHAN Pancreas Committee.
- Abu-El-Haija M, Kumar S, Quiros JA, Balakrishnan K, Barth B, Bitton S, Eisses JF, Foglio EJ, Fox V, Francis D, Freeman AJ, Gonska T, Grover AS, Husain SZ, Kumar R, Lapsia S, Lin T, Liu QY, Maqbool A, Sellers ZM, Szabo F, Uc A, Werlin SL, Morinville VD J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2017 Aug
Small Intestinal Bleeding. In Pohl J, Jolley C, Gelfond D, eds. Pediatric Gastroenterology: A Color Handbook.
Troendle D, Barth BA. (2014). Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press.
Capsule Endoscopy and Small Bowel Enteroscopy. In Wyllie R, Hyams JS, Kay M, eds. Pediatric Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease. 5th ed.
Barth B, Troendle D. (2016). Philadelphia: Elsevier; 740-747.
Anatomy, Histology, Embryology, and Developmental Anomalies of the Pancreas. In Feldman M, Friedman L, Brandt L, eds. Sleisenger and Fordtran's Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease. 9th ed.
Barth BA, Burdick S. (2010). Philadelphia: Saunders Elsevier.
Honors & Awards
- Best Doctors in America
- Fellow, American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE)
- Best Pediatric Specialists/Doctors in Dallas
D Magazine (2010-2018)
- Endoscopy Prize, NASPGHAN (2006, 2013)
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (2002)
- American Gastroenterology Association (2001)
- North American Society of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition (2001)