Hsienchang Thomas Chiu, M.D., is an Associate Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a member of its Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine. He specializes in interventional pulmonology with airway and pleural interventions and cancer-related pulmonary complications.
Dr. Chiu completed his undergraduate training in biology and anthropology at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and completed his medical school training, internal medicine residency, and pulmonary and critical care medicine fellowship at UT Southwestern. He performed an additional year of post-fellowship training in interventional pulmonology at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center at Houston.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in pulmonary medicine and in critical care medicine, he joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2008.
Dr. Chiu is a Diplomate of the American Association for Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology and a member of the American Thoracic Society and the American College of Chest Physicians. He has published several academic articles.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2001)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2004), Internal Medicine
- University of Pennsylvania Medical Center (2006), Pulmonary Diseases & Critical Care Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2007), Pulmonary Diseases & Critical Care Medicine
- M D Anderson Cancer Center (2008), Pulmonary Medicine
- Stakeholder engagement to initiate lung cancer screening in an urban safety-net health system.
- Lee SJC, Hamann HA, Browning T, Santini NO, Abbara S, Balis DS, Chiu H, Moran BA, McGuire M, Gerber DE, Healthc (Amst) 2019 Aug 100370
- Familial spontaneous pneumothorax.
- Chiu HT, Garcia CK Curr Opin Pulm Med 2006 Jul 12 4 268-72
- American Association of Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology
- American College of Chest Medicine
- American Thoracic Society