Dr. Chiu holds a bachelor's degree in biology and anthropology at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology He earned his medical degree, completed internal medicine residency training, and a pulmonary and critical care medicine fellowship at UT Southwestern. He performed an additional year of post-fellowship training in interventional pulmonology at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in pulmonary and critical care medicine, Dr. Chiu joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2008.
Dr. Chiu specializes in interventional pulmonology with airway and pleural interventions and cancer-related pulmonary complications.
Dr. Chiu is a Diplomate of the American Association for Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology and a member of the American Thoracic Society and the American College of Chest Physicians. He has published several academic articles.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2001)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2004), Internal Medicine
- University of Pennsylvania Medical Center (2006), Pulmonary Diseases & Critical Care Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2007), Pulmonary Diseases & Critical Care Medicine
- M D Anderson Cancer Center (2008), Pulmonary Medicine
- Stakeholder engagement to initiate lung cancer screening in an urban safety-net health system.
- Lee SJC, Hamann HA, Browning T, Santini NO, Abbara S, Balis DS, Chiu H, Moran BA, McGuire M, Gerber DE, Healthc (Amst) 2019 Aug 100370
- Familial spontaneous pneumothorax.
- Chiu HT, Garcia CK Curr Opin Pulm Med 2006 Jul 12 4 268-72
- American Association of Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology
- American College of Chest Medicine
- American Thoracic Society