Kala Bailey, M.D., earned her medical degree at UT Southwestern Medical School and completed a residency in psychiatry at Baylor College of Medicine, where she was Chief Resident in her final year of training and received the award for outstanding graduating resident. Certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, she joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2014.
Dr. Bailey serves as chief of service for psychiatry in the University Hospital system. She is also a member of the Peter O’Donnell Jr. Brain Institute clinical leadership committee at UT Southwestern.
In both 2018 and 2019, Dr. Bailey was the Psychiatry Department's faculty nominee for the Rising Star Award, one of the UT Southwestern Leadership in Clinical Excellence Awards. She is currently a study physician for CREST: Confirmatory Safety and Efficacy Trial of Magnetic Seizure Therapy for Depression.
She has published professional manuscripts on intrapartum management of patients with mental disorders, treating postexercise hypotension, and electroconvulsive therapy, and she participates in teaching activities for the Medical School.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2010)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2011), Psychiatry
- Baylor College of Medicine (2014), Psychiatry
- Professionally responsible intrapartum management of patients with major mental disorders.
- Babbitt KE, Bailey KJ, Coverdale JH, Chervenak FA, McCullough LB Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 2014 Jan 210 1 27-31
- Exercise-induced decrease in insular cortex rCBF during postexercise hypotension.
- Lamb K, Gallagher K, McColl R, Mathews D, Querry R, Williamson JW Med Sci Sports Exerc 2007 Apr 39 4 672-9