My research program is involved in analyzing genetics of bacteria and requirements of bacteria to interact with appropriate hosts. The primary research interests of the laboratory are focused towards Campylobacter jejuni, a leading cause of diarrheal disease throughout the world, and Helicobacter pylori, a primary cause of gastritis, gastric ulcers, and gastric cancer. My laboratory identifies factors required by these bacteria for infection of hosts and analyzes the regulated expression of these factors. Further detalis regarding my research program can be found at: http://www4.utsouthwestern.edu/hendrixsonlab/Hendrixson_Lab/Hendrixson_Lab_Home.html.
- Univ Arkansas Fayetteville (1994), Microbiology
- Graduate School
- Washington Univ-Sch of Medicin (1999), Microbiology
- Bacterial Genetics
- Bacterial Pathogenesis
- Bacterial-Host Interactions
- Campylobacter jejuni
- Helicobacter pylori
- A specificity determinant for phosphorylation in a response regulator prevents in vivo cross-talk and modification by acetyl phosphate.
- Boll JM, Hendrixson DR Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2011 Nov
- Motility and chemotaxis in Campylobacter and Helicobacter .
- Lertsethtakarn P, Ottemann KM, Hendrixson DR Annu. Rev. Microbiol. 2011 65 389-410
- Structural diversity of bacterial flagellar motors.
- Chen S, Beeby M, Murphy GE, Leadbetter JR, Hendrixson DR, Briegel A, Li Z, Shi J, Tocheva EI, Müller A, Dobro MJ, Jensen GJ EMBO J. 2011 30 14 2972-81
- promotes colorectal tumorigenesis through the action of cytolethal distending toxin.
- He Z, Gharaibeh RZ, Newsome RC, Pope JL, Dougherty MW, Tomkovich S, Pons B, Mirey G, Vignard J, Hendrixson DR, Jobin C Gut 2018 Oct
- Campylobacter jejuni CsrA Regulates Metabolic and Virulence Associated Proteins and Is Necessary for Mouse Colonization.
- Fields JA, Li J, Gulbronson CJ, Hendrixson DR, Thompson SA PLoS ONE 2016 11 6 e0156932
- FlhG Employs Diverse Intrinsic Domains and Influences FlhF GTPase Activity to Numerically Regulate Polar Flagellar Biogenesis in Campylobacter jejuni.
- Gulbronson CJ, Ribardo DA, Balaban M, Knauer C, Bange G, Hendrixson DR Mol. Microbiol. 2015 Sep
- Analysis of the Activity and Regulon of the Two-component Regulatory System Composed by Cjj1484 and Cjj1483 of Campylobacter jejuni.
- Luethy PM, Huynh S, Parker CT, Hendrixson DR J. Bacteriol. 2015 Feb
- Flagellar biosynthesis exerts temporal regulation of secretion of specific Campylobacter jejuni colonization and virulence determinants.
- Barrero-Tobon AM, Hendrixson DR Mol. Microbiol. 2014 Jul
- Hemerythrins in the microaerophilic bacterium Campylobacter jejuni help protect key iron-sulphur cluster enzymes from oxidative damage.
- Kendall JJ, Barrero-Tobon AM, Hendrixson DR, Kelly DJ Environ. Microbiol. 2013 Nov
- Spatial and numerical regulation of flagellar biosynthesis in polarly flagellated bacteria.
- Kazmierczak BI, Hendrixson DR Mol. Microbiol. 2013 Apr