My research program is involved in analyzing genetics of bacteria and requirements of bacteria to interact with appropriate hosts. The primary research interests of the laboratory are focused towards Campylobacter jejuni, a leading cause of diarrheal disease throughout the world, and Helicobacter pylori, a primary cause of gastritis, gastric ulcers, and gastric cancer. My laboratory identifies factors required by these bacteria for infection of hosts and analyzes the regulated expression of these factors. Further detalis regarding my research program can be found at here.
- Univ Arkansas Fayetteville (1994), Microbiology
- Graduate School
- Washington Univ-Sch of Medicin (1999), Microbiology
- Bacterial Genetics
- Bacterial Pathogenesis
- Bacterial sensing and signal transduction
- Bacterial-Host Interactions
- Campylobacter jejuni
- Campylobacter jejuni BumSR directs a response to butyrate via sensor phosphatase activity to impact transcription and colonization.
- Goodman KN, Powers MJ, Crofts AA, Trent MS, Hendrixson DR, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2020 May 117 21 11715-11726
- A Polar Flagellar Transcriptional Program Mediated by Diverse Two-Component Signal Transduction Systems and Basal Flagellar Proteins Is Broadly Conserved in Polar Flagellates.
- Burnham PM, Kolar WP, Hendrixson DR, mBio 2020 Mar 11 2
- Diversification of Campylobacter jejuni Flagellar C-Ring Composition Impacts Its Structure and Function in Motility, Flagellar Assembly, and Cellular Processes.
- Henderson LD, Matthews-Palmer TRS, Gulbronson CJ, Ribardo DA, Beeby M, Hendrixson DR, mBio 2020 Jan 11 1
- A Chaperone for the Stator Units of a Bacterial Flagellum.
- Ribardo DA, Kelley BR, Johnson JG, Hendrixson DR, MBio 2019 Aug 10 4
- Campylobacter jejuni: collective components promoting a successful enteric lifestyle.
- Burnham PM, Hendrixson DR Nat. Rev. Microbiol. 2018 Jun
- Microbiota-Derived Short-Chain Fatty Acids Modulate Expression of Campylobacter jejuni Determinants Required for Commensalism and Virulence.
- Luethy PM, Huynh S, Ribardo DA, Winter SE, Parker CT, Hendrixson DR MBio 2017 May 8 3
- Diverse high-torque bacterial flagellar motors assemble wider stator rings using a conserved protein scaffold.
- Beeby M, Ribardo DA, Brennan CA, Ruby EG, Jensen GJ, Hendrixson DR Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2016 Mar 113 13 E1917-E1926
- A Regulatory Checkpoint during Flagellar Biogenesis in Campylobacter jejuni Initiates Signal Transduction To Activate Transcription of Flagellar Genes.
- Boll JM, Hendrixson DR MBio 2013 4 5
- Identification and analysis of flagellar coexpressed determinants (Feds) of Campylobacter jejuni involved in colonization.
- Barrero-Tobon AM, Hendrixson DR Mol. Microbiol. 2012 Apr 84 2 352-69
- Polar Flagellar Biosynthesis and a Regulator of Flagellar Number Influence Spatial Parameters of Cell Division in Campylobacter jejuni.
- Balaban M, Hendrixson DR PLoS Pathog. 2011 Dec 7 12 e1002420