My research program is involved in analyzing genetics of bacteria and requirements of bacteria to interact with appropriate hosts. The primary research interests of the laboratory are focused towards Campylobacter jejuni, a leading cause of diarrheal disease throughout the world, and Helicobacter pylori, a primary cause of gastritis, gastric ulcers, and gastric cancer. My laboratory identifies factors required by these bacteria for infection of hosts and analyzes the regulated expression of these factors. Further detalis regarding my research program can be found at: http://www4.utsouthwestern.edu/hendrixsonlab/Hendrixson_Lab/Hendrixson_Lab_Home.html.
- Univ Arkansas Fayetteville (1994), Microbiology
- Graduate School
- Washington Univ-School of Medi (1999), Microbiology
- Bacterial Genetics
- Bacterial Pathogenesis
- Bacterial-Host Interactions
- Campylobacter jejuni
- Helicobacter pylori
- Microbiota-Derived Short-Chain Fatty Acids Modulate Expression of Campylobacter jejuni Determinants Required for Commensalism and Virulence.
- Luethy PM, Huynh S, Ribardo DA, Winter SE, Parker CT, Hendrixson DR MBio 2017 May 8 3
- Diverse high-torque bacterial flagellar motors assemble wider stator rings using a conserved protein scaffold.
- Beeby M, Ribardo DA, Brennan CA, Ruby EG, Jensen GJ, Hendrixson DR Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2016 Mar 113 13 E1917-E1926
- Flagellar biosynthesis exerts temporal regulation of secretion of specific Campylobacter jejuni colonization and virulence determinants.
- Barrero-Tobon AM, Hendrixson DR Mol. Microbiol. 2014 Jul
- Spatial and numerical regulation of flagellar biosynthesis in polarly flagellated bacteria.
- Kazmierczak BI, Hendrixson DR Mol. Microbiol. 2013 Apr
- A Regulatory Checkpoint during Flagellar Biogenesis in Campylobacter jejuni Initiates Signal Transduction To Activate Transcription of Flagellar Genes.
- Boll JM, Hendrixson DR MBio 2013 4 5
- Identification and analysis of flagellar coexpressed determinants (Feds) of Campylobacter jejuni involved in colonization.
- Barrero-Tobon AM, Hendrixson DR Mol. Microbiol. 2012 Apr 84 2 352-69
- Polar Flagellar Biosynthesis and a Regulator of Flagellar Number Influence Spatial Parameters of Cell Division in Campylobacter jejuni.
- Balaban M, Hendrixson DR PLoS Pathog. 2011 Dec 7 12 e1002420
- A specificity determinant for phosphorylation in a response regulator prevents in vivo cross-talk and modification by acetyl phosphate.
- Boll JM, Hendrixson DR Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2011 Nov
- Motility and chemotaxis in Campylobacter and Helicobacter .
- Lertsethtakarn P, Ottemann KM, Hendrixson DR Annu. Rev. Microbiol. 2011 65 389-410
- Structural diversity of bacterial flagellar motors.
- Chen S, Beeby M, Murphy GE, Leadbetter JR, Hendrixson DR, Briegel A, Li Z, Shi J, Tocheva EI, Müller A, Dobro MJ, Jensen GJ EMBO J. 2011 30 14 2972-81